PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!
First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Comments

• chris_m
    chris_m Posts: 8,250
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I cheated - bought my house first, then cleared/tidied/tarted up the flat for selling ;)
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    fudge7000 wrote: »
    Anyone else out there selling and going through trying to keep the house tidy 24/7 so it doesn't take hours to sort out when there's a viewing?!
    Along with trying to second guess what the people viewing will do/offer/not offer...?

Only been for sale a week, I assume it just gets worse from here on in?

Not really done this before so thought I'd see if anyone else is in the same boat!

Yes and with 2 teenage sons it's very stressful. I think they hate their awful nagging mum at the moment! :o
    Been on the market 3 weeks.
    One viewer wants it but needs to sell hers first so fingers crossed.

The boot of my car has become a very useful storage place to put stuff when we have viewings! :D
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • Not a viewer in sight here!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Most viewings for most properties are in the first two weeks ... in a perfect/planned world you'd declutter everything into a self-storage container, book a 2 week holiday and leave the keys with the agent :)
  • GaggingOrder
    GaggingOrder Posts: 90 Forumite
    As long as you're waiting for a buyer, it doesn't get any better I'm afraid. I'm doing the same thing with 2 kids under 3 and tidying constantly is a nightmare. The market in my area, around our price point, has really slowed since the start of the year. We've been on the market since early Feb and not had much luck: a couple of people have strung us along a bit before going cold. We dropped the price to reflect the changing market and that's brought in a bit more interest, and one offer which unfortunately isn't proceedable or high enough. We keep going! And we're hopeful that the new price and the warming weather will bring a change in fortunes... Otherwise I'm going to wear my hoover out! ��
  • Urgh just put mine on the market. Currently doing a bit of painting to tittivate and a lot of decluttering. We are cluttery people :(

Got 2 viewings booked for next Saturday, I dont have a hope in hell of making mine look like an empty showhome,which appears to be the norm these days!!!
  • Malmo
    Malmo Posts: 710
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There's already a thread for sellers waiting for a buyer. I'd suggest there's no need for another one.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5223309
  • iantojones40
    iantojones40 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Not a viewer in sight here!

People don't tend to waste their time viewing obviously overpriced properties.
  • fudge7000
    fudge7000 Posts: 188 Forumite
    I didn't resurrect the thread that's over a year old, thought it was better to just start a new one...
    I've had 3 viewings now, first people couldn't afford it, second didn't think it was 'child friendly' (pond, big steps in garden i think) and third yet to get feedback from

I can't imagine doing it with children, it's bad enough bugging my other half to put stuff away!
    First win (October) - Apple Ipod off a radio competition
    November - new nokia mobile phone, £250 electrical voucher (both radio comptitions)
    March - 2 cinema tickets to see 27 dresses (radio again!)

:beer: :beer: :beer:
  • GaggingOrder
    GaggingOrder Posts: 90 Forumite
    It's tough when we're trying to get the house tidy for viewings and the toddler decides he wants to get all his stuff out! I suppose there's never a good time though to go through it (which is why we're hoping to move to something we can live in for 30 years!).

Fingers crossed you're not waiting long.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback