Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MeandO wrote: »
    *off to buy Mikado this morning...* :rotfl:

Thanks so much for your post Eager_Elephant.
    Wow, your sister and Mum have done so well, I bet they are both feeling the benefits after losing so much weight. I do have an app called nutracheck which is very much like myfitnesspal only a lot more user friendly. I think it cost me £3 or something, so was very cheap too! I use it on and off and I do like it, I just find life gets in the way and I get too busy and tired to think about what I'm eating before it's in my mouth. I used to go to the gym several times a week and so eating what I like wasn't an issue then. I also found I naturally ate a lot healthier when I was exercising regularly, but my life just does not give up the free time for me to do that anymore and I'm just so exhausted by 6pm that I do what needs doing in the house, work on my business and then collapse into bed. :(

I have logged my food for today though and am actually out of the office at a meeting later this morning so will pop into the supermarket next door and pick up some nice fish and veg for tea and some fruit to snack on. :)

I actually took a picture of myself last night, sat on the bed looking horrendous (don't worry, I was fully clothed! :rotfl::o) and looking at that alone is enough to supr me on I think. I don't know what my super-fit, healthy OH sees in me. :(

Can you avoid having the unhealthy stuff in the house so you don't reach for it automatically?
    'Luckily' I don't eat gluten so having biscuits in he house is no issue as I know I will be ill if I eat them although too be honest a pack of biscuits lasts 10mins in my house:rotfl: we don't tend to buy crisps either as DD (14) gets spots if she eats crisps so to help her avoid them we don't buy them.

Hope the healthy eating is going well?

I bet your picture is not bad at all - we are our own worst critics and I am sure your OH loves you very much no matter your size. Remember appearance is not everything.

A few years ago we all did a picture to show our true size but we did it with just underwear on:eek: - that was not a pretty site and it didn't help us lose weight but each time I scrolled through photos on the computer I would get a shock if one suddenly popped up:rotfl:
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The news we had about my Mum on Friday wasn't good. It is the big C and unfortunately not a type that can be cured.
    I'm trying to be positive for her sake, but I just don't know what to do. It doesn't feel real atm. I feel physically sick at the thought of having to tell DS when I need to. They adore each other and have a very special relationship, they are so close depsite us living so far away, it is going to shatter his little World. :(

Anyway, trying to keep my mind occupied with other things in attempt to claw at some sort of normality.
    I've completed more surveys, ebay bids are up to a good amount of £62 and I've ordered and online shop for delivery tomorrow, thankfully it's also payday tomorrow.
    I'm, afraid I added to the CC debt by almost £100 yesterday. Trying not to beat myself up aboout it too much, it'll get paid off eventually.

Can't really add much more at the moment, but I'm going to try and keep posting just to keep me on the straight and narrow as much as possible.
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03/£2000 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6523.98/£15,000
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I'm so sorry that it isn't better news MeandO, sending lots of thoughts and hugs x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    I'm so sorry that it isn't better news MeandO, sending lots of thoughts and hugs x

From me too xx take your time to get your head around it before telling DS xx
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    Options
    So sorry MeandO. Thinking of you...
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • stepuptothepl8
    Options
    So very sorry to hear that. Thinking of you x
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So sorry to hear this news - sending love and hugs to you all.

I agree with Hidden, take your time telling DS.
  • MeandO
    edited 25 July 2017 at 9:33AM
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and support, it really is very much appreciated.
    I am absolutely devastated but I don't think the full implications of the situation have really sunk in yet. I'm not going to tell DS until I have to. He lost his paternal grandmother a couple of years ago which he still gets sad about at times and, as I said, he absolutely adores my Mum, they are so close, so it is going to hit him so hard. I think I may have to consider getting some professional help for him when the time comes as he is such a sensitive little thing and a bit of a worrier. I'm not sure who I'd contact but I'll have to look into it if he needs it.
  • MeandO
    edited 25 July 2017 at 9:33AM
    Options
    So, trying to keep some sort of hold on normality, it's payday today and I've sorted YNAB.
    Diesel costs will be higher this month due to a trip home, weekend away and taking DS and his Dad to the airport and back for their planned break to Ireland to stay with friends, so have allowed for that. £150 has gone to the savings pot and I've allowed £100 for payment to the credit card this month. I will be aiming to pay off more, but for now I've allocated £100.

I need to buy DS some new school trousers next month and maybe a couple more white polo shirts. Thankfully they don't have to have the school badge on so can pick it all up for under £10 probably.

There's not currently enough to cover everything needed for this month in the bank account, but there will be more than enough once tax credits, child benefit and a couple more other payments have gone in.

One ebay item finishes today and is currently up to £64 which will be used towards the credit card or savings pot, not sure which yet.

Oh, and I cancelled the grocery online order I'd made for today. I figured we're going away at the weekend and then DS is away with his Dad so we'll make do for the rst of the week and just pick up some essentials. That's a saving of £50 right there.

Have a good day all x
  • MeandO
    edited 25 July 2017 at 1:25PM
    Options
    I calculated that I should have about £50 spare this month when everything is accounted for, so I've rounded it down (just to be on the safe side) and sent a £40 overpayment to the mortgage to tidy up the outstanding total. Boosts the morale a little and helps pay it down. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills