IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Another parking ticket

Hello again.

So it seems that my luck if out with this company.

I parked in the underground of the complex and i got a ticket. Attached it to the inside of the drivers window. I came back to the car to find a yellow parking charge.

I sent a letter back tot he company with a photocopy of my ticket.

They have just replied stating that because my ticket was not displayed in the windscreen they are refusing my claim because i was in breach of the terms and conditions of the parking rules.

I'd like to submit a picture of the letter but i cannot add a link, sorry.

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2017 at 4:00PM
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hello again.

I parked in the underground of the complex and i got a ticket. Attached it to the inside of the drivers window. I came back to the car to find a yellow parking charge.

They have just replied stating that because my ticket was not displayed in the windscreen they are refusing my claim because i was in breach of the terms and conditions of the parking rules.

Which idiotic parking company said this.

Hope you still have the paid ticket
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Hello again.

Read up in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum on how to deal with appealing this.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    The first point is do they have a photo of your car parked without a ticket displayed? The Code of Conduct says they must supply this.

If they have such a photo, then it comes down to how can you prove one was there. Inevitably your photo will be timed at after the ticket PCN was attached and they will argue that you placed it there after the PCN was issued.

The photo taken by the operative is the key here and you need it. Make sure that you do get it and host it on tinypics and give us a doctored link (hssp instead of http).
  • Ah right i see, thanks for the info about the link. I can now attach the letter i received. I did not place the ticket on the dash or inside the windscreen i put the ticket on my driver door window.

Thanks again for all your help.

h s s p s
    : / / w w w .
    f l i c k r . c o m /
    p h o t o s /
    l u n a t i c s a m u r a i /
    shares/979p9i
  • Yes i do still have the ticket i sent a photo copy of it in my letter back to them.
  • LunaticSamurai
    LunaticSamurai Posts: 32 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2017 at 11:22PM
    The company in question is called Debt Recovery Plus LTD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Quentin wrote: »
    Read up in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum on how to deal with appealing this.

OK, same as any IPC firm. No appeal will work and you need to know what to ignore and what not to ignore (as above, covered in the sticky thread).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad. Thanks for the reply.

I have read through the sticky and am unsure of what to do. There are so many area's covered and so many links i am a little confused.

I understand i am new and being told to read through the sticky but is there any chance someone can send a link to which part. Again - i had a ticket from he ticket machine, i still have it, a copy was sent to the company but because it was not displayed in the windscreen (I had put it on the drivers door window) they are refusing the claim.

Thanks again for the help.
  • Coupon-mad. Thanks for the reply.

I have read through the sticky and am unsure of what to do. There are so many area's covered and so many links i am a little confused.

I understand i am new and being told to read through the sticky but is there any chance someone can send a link to which part. Again - i had a ticket from he ticket machine, i still have it, a copy was sent to the company but because it was not displayed in the windscreen (I had put it on the drivers door window) they are refusing the claim.

Thanks again for the help.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

the company is a member of the IPC , so read instructions for IPC , NOT BPA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills