Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Comments

• I think I'll do my other cheapy at the weekend as planned and save the money on a digital test. I'm fairly convinced already though due to symptoms! See you back in the other thread, firebird ;)
    Cleared my credit card debt of £7123.58 in a year using YNAB! Debt free date 04/12/2015.
    Enjoying sending hundreds of pounds a month to savings rather than debt repayment!
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Ahh tlp that makes sense, a line is a line as they say!
    xx
  • Can I please be moved to the 'if in doubt zone' please Newthrift AF didn't hang around too long after her late arrival. I'm feeling positive this month, I've ordered loads of OPK's and IC pregnancy tests.

I am thinking of doing the SMEP this month, has anyone done it before? Is it literally DTD every other day around OV?

Hope all is well with everyone and congrats to all the BFP's xx
  • A0503
    A0503 Posts: 90 Forumite
    I did SMEP last two month butterfly its hard going but I felt more relaxed in the tww and didn't obsess over if I'd caught ovulation or not. Whilst it didn't work for me there's loads of positive stories online. I followed SMEP by testing for ov 2x a day from cycle day 10. You also need to start bd'ing every other day from this point. When you get your positive OPK you need to bd that day, the day after and the day after that so 3 days straight. Then u have a day off and then bd day after. I found it quite forced and it became stressful hence why this month we've gone with the wind and just bd whenever we want, but I'm glad I tried it xxx
  • I'm going to try SMEP next month butterfly.
    Fingers crossed X
  • I did SMEP the month I got my BFP so have tried to do it since but not been successful most cycles due to OH being away and a UTI last cycle. The UTI made me a bit wary of overdoing things and so this cycle we did EOD with 2 consequtive days at Ov instead of 3 (went by the OPK)
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Absolutely snowscreamer. I'd want to know for certain. Try another cheapie and then splash out, think you're 17dpo now so a good time to test. I think FF usually recommends 18dpo to test :)

Must be tough rach when oh I'd away. It can be challenging enough without trying to work around your partner being home.
    TTC #3..........
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A0503 wrote: »
    I did SMEP last two month butterfly its hard going but I felt more relaxed in the tww and didn't obsess over if I'd caught ovulation or not. Whilst it didn't work for me there's loads of positive stories online. I followed SMEP by testing for ov 2x a day from cycle day 10. You also need to start bd'ing every other day from this point. When you get your positive OPK you need to bd that day, the day after and the day after that so 3 days straight. Then u have a day off and then bd day after. I found it quite forced and it became stressful hence why this month we've gone with the wind and just bd whenever we want, but I'm glad I tried it xxx

^^ could of wrote this myself! We did it for one month though. I found the OPK's handy for one month just to check out my timings a bit better with me having quite long cycles (36days). Everyone is different and it is always worth having a go :)
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • newthrift
    newthrift Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD33 newthrift - 11DPO :cool:
    CD35 LittleMissGiggle - 20DPO :cool:
    "If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD6 ButterflyBabe - Awaiting ov :o
    CD11 Ratison - Awaiting ov :o
    CD13 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov :o
    CD21 athensgeorgia - Awaiting ov :o
    CD24 angel11 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD24 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD25 Milliebob - Awaiting ov :o
    CD42 kira000 - Awaiting ov :o
    CD66 Slinky_Selina - Awaiting ov :o
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD3 twigpig - Awaiting ov :ohttps://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/353d56/

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    CD142 freshstart11 - Awaiting ov :o

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    Snowscreamer 15/10/16
    Firebird082 08/10/16
    Penguingirl 24/09/16
    april87 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16

VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    Christmas is the most magical time of the year :santa2:
    Mum to two boys :heartpuls
  • Thanks everyone, its good to hear other people's experiences. I suppose it can't hurt to give it a go for 1 month, OH and I are pretty active in the BD'ing department anyway so I'm sure we can manage to DTD every other day :rotfl::rotfl:

He will think all his Christmas' and Birthdays have come at once!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback