Be Fab for Feb - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Wi - eating all the carp has finally caught up so plus 3lb. Hey ho my own fault, more carp today as it's use up nibbles day. Back to work Tuesday so back on track then. Expecting another gain next week so damage limitation in order.

Happy New Year all, may 2017 bring you health (weight loss) and happiness and if she's being generous wealth too :D

:A:A:A:A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Amy240277 wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain, it's just I want to understand what I'm doing before I join.

So are fruit and vegetables free and anything else you would need to use your syns for?

Also does sugar free jelly have any syns?

You're not being a pain, if you don't ask you don't find out!

Have you read the first post on here? Does explain a lot (better than I could).

Not all fruit and veg are free, most are but some are better than others i.e. Super free as opposed to just free. SF are better :D

Not sure about the jelly, some have syns.

If you choose SW, best to go to at least 1 meeting to hear the talk and get the books then you could use this forum as a group. Most of us do :D and those that go to group are happy to help with syns/new info etc.

Hope that helps and welcome on board :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,556 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Amy240277 wrote: »
    Sorry to be a pain, it's just I want to understand what I'm doing before I join.

So are fruit and vegetables free and anything else you would need to use your syns for?

Also does sugar free jelly have any syns?
    TakeItEazy wrote: »
    You're not being a pain, if you don't ask you don't find out!

Have you read the first post on here? Does explain a lot (better than I could).

Not all fruit and veg are free, most are but some are better than others i.e. Super free as opposed to just free. SF are better :D

Not sure about the jelly, some have syns.

If you choose SW, best to go to at least 1 meeting to hear the talk and get the books then you could use this forum as a group. Most of us do :D and those that go to group are happy to help with syns/new info etc.

Hope that helps and welcome on board :A

As TIE says most fruit & veg are free but not all (eg advocado are syns - I think it's 14 for a whole one!). However they are no longer called Super Free but are now called Speed foods.. A few examples of Free but not Speed are bananas, grapes & pineapple.

Sugar free jellies are 1.5 syns once made up (1 pint). I usually make them into 4 individual pots but syn each at 1/2 syn.

You will find lots of information about the plan in the first thread, definitely worth reading and then coming back with any more questions.

Good luck.

Denise
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 December 2016 at 3:55PM
    Hey all..

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like Amy, give this post a read http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71842989&postcount=1 it may help a little.

But in summary..
    • Most basic foods you can eat freely, there isn't a "points" system for these i.e. pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables
    • you should have at least one third of your meal as speed foods - i.e. most veg and fruit (there are some exceptions)
    • there's one measured amount of dairy (cheese, milk, etc) and one measured amount of certain carbs (cereals, breads) a day built in to the plan, these are for calcium and fibre
    • then you finish off with 5-15 syns (or points) a day for your treats - this could be chocolate, wine, crisps, sauces, mayo, gravy, extra dairy, extra bread - whatever you wish to use these on

Or try this page off the slimming world website which shows you some daily menus http://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/healthy-eating/non-vegetarian-menu.aspx to give you some ideas of what meals we all eat.

Got your 14 lbs Lois :D it inspired me to go for 14lb too! Good luck. Your NYE sounds really fun, enjoy the fizz.

I've pretty much been back on plan today :T whilst watching OH stuff peanut M&M's in his face.. he said they needed "using up":rotfl:

We have pasta bake planned for NYE tea, we were going to have a buffet but really fed up of picky food! It will be served with white bread but I've not had my B choice yet so loosely calling it that :p

Happy New Year to you all, however you may be celebrating _party_
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• I went to a Slimming World Group last year and lost about 12lb...which was great but the meeting time made it difficult for me to go every week and I stopped going altogether.... three months on, I have regained the original 12lb plus quite a bit more!

Could I join the thread too? I would like to lose quite a few stones in 2017 but will break it down to mini targets of 7lbs at a time
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• welcome to all the newbies :j

I am going to continue to go to the class as well as join in with this challenge again.

14 is the magic number for me which would just about take me to target

I am not keen on the SW consultant who takes the class, she was on holiday when I joined up and she just does not seem v welcoming towards me - not sure why? :o and overall she is quite miserable :eek:

The slimmer's in group though are good, and there are a couple of people that have lost 5 stone plus which is amazing.... very inspirational for me.

Hope everyone has a very happy New Year.

I am cooking for family tomorrow and I am trying to do a healthy meal. I am doing Mary Berry Horseradish and mustard beef casserole, but have left out the mushrooms as son doesn't like them and am cooking without any oil, I have made SW Homity pie and a carrot and swede mash. Hope it all turns out all right.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,556 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Finally sorted today's plan:

B - SW fry up
    L - ham salad sandwich with LTL mayo instead of spread - HEB + 0.5
    D - beef casserole, mash, cabbage

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - mayo 0.5; boudoir finger 1.

Will probably have some chocolate later - no wine syns for me yet! Hope I don't need to take this sypruppy stuff for too long!

Denise
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    It's good to be back guys! :D

A strange day today, din't get up until lunch time after being up half the night with Superman :eek: food looks like:

2pm: SW chicken jelfrazi meal with rice and green salad
    D: 3 chicken heck sausages (1.5) chips (3yns oil) tinned tomatoes, mushrooms and beans, 2 slices Wm bread (B) with flora (2)

Skimmed milk for cuppas (A)

3mile trundle with my friend and her dogs late afternoon for some fresh air and much needed body magic!

Now for a night in my Pj's infront of the tv with the hubby! We know how to live it up this NYE :rotfl:May even treat myself to yoghurt, berries amd crushed meringes later :D

Happy New Year!

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Happy New Year to all my virtual friends! :A

Was quite good with dinner but did succumb to a few crackers with cheese and being NYE lots of bubbly.

Back on it tomorrow except for weekend wine and then 100% from Monday. :)
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, Shala, I'll be back in for the new challenge. Put me down for 8lbs please. I have eaten all the Christmas cake - good timing, eh? I will weigh on Monday (bites fingernails) and start 'clean' then, so no loss to record this week (STS?). I'm out for Ne'erday dinner tomorrow anyway.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport