Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just done the annual threaten to leave routine. I was on the basic TV at 50% off from last year, £10something/month. Gave notice to cancel then used 'come back to sky' live chat.

Got 60% off Box Sets package with £30 bill credit. 12 month contract. Quite happy with that, not really bothered about not having a contract. I think I could have stayed on the Original package with the same deal but chose to upgrade.
  • katies_mum
    Options
    Was wondering how many times some of you have had to try with Sky before getting a decent offer. I will be new Sky customer and have just finished an online chat but they offered me nothing like the prices some of you seem to have been lucky enough to get. Virgin cut us off on 29th September so of course you can appreciate we are a little worried (but will not renew with Virgin again).

Is it just pot luck with the person you get to chat to? do you wait for them to go through all the spiel or do you mention what you would like in your package straight out, our chat lasted just over an hour! as they went through every little bit.

Thanks
  • mrsammyp
    Options
    Just got 60% off and £50 bill credit, although had to give my notice to cancel first.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done, sounds good
  • me1234
    me1234 Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Many of you have said that you have been offered discounts online under My Sky. My contract has now expired but I am unable to see any discounts available. Where exactly should I look? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    me1234 wrote: »
    Many of you have said that you have been offered discounts online under My Sky. My contract has now expired but I am unable to see any discounts available. Where exactly should I look? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

You need to cancel your TV package to see decent offers on your Sky TV.
  • Mr_Benn
    Mr_Benn Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 11 September 2016 at 9:47PM
    Options
    Ended up with 60% off and a credit , so have stopped with Sky for my TV. Was offered half price Fibre, but I want to move to BT , as its the cheapest way to get BT Sport.
  • me1234
    Options
    I gave my cancellation notice in earlier today, just wondering where the offers will be located online when I log into my Sky account? Which specific section are they located in? Many thanks!
  • mrsammyp
    Options
    me1234 wrote: »
    I gave my cancellation notice in earlier today, just wondering where the offers will be located online when I log into my Sky account? Which specific section are they located in? Many thanks!

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just cancelled Sky tv and was offered, without asking, an extension of my 50% off for 10 months longer and I refused. The next offer, was £37.99 for Original and phone , broadband and Anytime Extra (with emphasis that my phone etc would soon be £35.40, making the tv just over £2), but I told the man to go ahead with the cancellation notice, as I had no intention of paying in full for phone etc and would look elsewhere, before calling about those.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback