Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I love that you describe them as fangs :D

Much better, thank you - I'm still on the odd set of painkillers, but much less. Horrendous, how big that tooth was!

Am in celebration mode - I've finally got to the stage with maximiles where I can order something and stop faffing about with them - I ordered a Little Miss Princess mug :D:j

I was wondering about staying in the organisation and publicising one or the other of my endeavours, but really, life's too short. So as soon as Little Miss arrives, I can delete my account :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Morning!

Yesterday was too routine to bother posting about my stuff, but today, at least I'm going into the town centre to do the banking :D

Interestingly, I'm also going to collect one of those EE "power bars" - don't really have any idea how to use them, but we'll see :j

1.5 hours client work, plus working on the garden and some of the writing. Egyptology is on Saturday, and I'm finally up for it :j:j:j
  • Saturday sounds like a lot of fun.

Enjoy your gardening and I hope the sun is shining.

Best wishes Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Have a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Catching up :) Hope teeth are now much improved.

have booked to go on a forage walk on Sunday to learn about hedgerow plants. Looking forward to it. Will report back :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Karmacat
    Afternoon all :)

Watty, that sounds great - yes please, detailed report :j

A medium-sized ash tree on the green outside my house has got lots of fresh "ash keys" (seedpods) I'm tempted to try again to make pickle - I did it a few years ago, but they were too old, too hard, yuck.

So, update:
    - got the EE power bar - found it no trouble at all to resist the attempted upsell on my contract - apparently it ends on 24 July, and I guarantee you, I'm going back to payg when it does - I've been lied to over and over again about the monthly amount of the contract, time to call a halt.

- did the banking, I only found out a few months ago that if you use a pre-printed paying in slip, you don't have to use your card. That appeals to me, for some reason :D it seems efficient.

- washing done, and hanging on the line :)

- am backing up the computer right now :)

- client cancelled at the last moment, so counting prep and debrief, I have two extra hours :j don't want to work in the garden until after 3, to take account of the sun factor, so I'm forced to work on my writing :D:j
  • Karmacat
    Morning! Bit late getting on here, late for me, anyway :) I'm not working till 3.30, and the d/w has been on, the w/m *is* on, as is the slow cooker, doing butter beans and mung beans, to be incorporated into meals over the weekend :j

I used ant powder yesterday :( I don't like it, but I can't afford to have ants undermining the dratted patio, or building little columns of building sand in the front of the house, and thats what was going on ... so, no activity seen today.

The plan today:
    - work on author biogs, coordinate the blog and the Amazon author page, I've now got a sensible answer from Amazon.
    - get some more bark chippings down, to stop the weeds and watering :)
    - tiny little harvests every day of alpine strawbs and raspberries - I'm determined to make jam.
    - need to pick some blackcurrants, they're ready :eek: hopefully they're not covered in ants like last year, it was unbearable ;) I'll freeze them after washing, do it all at once :)
    - blog post is almost ready, just needs finishing pix (which I don't often do).

That'll do for now :p
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think I read somewhere last year that for Ants to try and use bicarbonate of soda then boiling water? I dont like to use it myself as I dont like to really disturb the ants but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, and when I gotta do it I like to make it as natural and chemical free as I can, hope its not too bad for you

web site I also found helpful

http://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/get-rid-of-ants-naturally/ maybe a wee trip into Starbucks as they are kind enough to give away used coffee grinds
  • Karmacat
    El, thats a great website, thank you! I'm going to pour ordinary water over the crap I've put on the ground, actually, so none of the birds etc pick it up. Loving the idea of soap, bicarb, and especially diatomaceous earth :)
  • elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Aye there are many " natural" ways to do it and not that I claim to know you extremely well but I imagine that you are like me in the sense that you like to be as nasty chemical free as possible :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure