PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Complete Kenwood Chef Collection

Options
2»

Comments

• nightofjoy
    nightofjoy Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi. I have a Kenwood Chef Titanium, bought about 3 years ago but I think it's still the current model.

I use it for breadmaking with the dough hook, which on the whole is good, but the dough does ball up and need scraping down throughout.

Someone mentioned to me the other day, that with the new MAJOR models they've redesigned the hook to combat balling - changed the shape completely.

Does anyone have any info on this? I want to know if Major attachments will fit my Chef Titanium.

Thanks.
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    nightofjoy wrote: »
    Hi. I have a Kenwood Chef Titanium, bought about 3 years ago but I think it's still the current model.

I use it for breadmaking with the dough hook, which on the whole is good, but the dough does ball up and need scraping down throughout.

Someone mentioned to me the other day, that with the new MAJOR models they've redesigned the hook to combat balling - changed the shape completely.

Does anyone have any info on this? I want to know if Major attachments will fit my Chef Titanium.

Thanks.
    just ordered the Titanium MCM 010 via Amazon Warehouse and have just read your post. Like to give me some info on the dough hook, hasi it been redesigned or is still the old one? What's the difference anyway?
  • K9sandFelines
    Options
    Just purchased the KM336 classic via the recent lightning deal on Amazon, and wondered if anybody can tell me the best attachments that they could not do without for theirs.

I did have a basic Aldi food processor but after about four to six months it will not work with the shredding attachment, not sure about just blade, as basically the main function in the middle isn't turning. The liquidiser works but that was just an added bonus as already had one on soup maker.

Is there a food processing attachment(blade) for this or will I not need one? It comes with liquidiser jug, beater, balloon whisk, dough hook and stainless steel bowl. I also have a breadmaker, so not sure if dough hook will be used much. Hopefully i haven't bought something I will never use. Just I have read so many good reviews on them and it had £80 off, so it was a bargain albeit not very Mse.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • nightofjoy
    Options
    The most used thing with mine is the dough hook. Once you take full control of your bread making and aren't restricted by the limitations of the breadmaker, you'll never go back.

Does it have two removable panels on the top to attach things? If so you'll be able to get a food processor to go on top. They work really well and last fro donkey's years...
  • nuatha
    nuatha Posts: 1,932 Forumite
    Options
    Just purchased the KM336 classic via the recent lightning deal on Amazon, and wondered if anybody can tell me the best attachments that they could not do without for theirs.

The high speed shredder/slicer is probably my most used attachment, it will cope with a far greater volume than my food processor and does just as good a job. The slow speed grater (barrel) attachment gets used for parmesan and that's about all. Mine came with the flanged K beater, which scrapes the bowl as it works, brilliant for mixing cakes. The multimill gets used for grinding seeds and spices and does a good job even with relatively small quantities.

I do have a food processor which still gets used regularly, if I was starting out again I'd go straight for the Chef and its attachments.

The actual food processor attachment just works with the Titanium IIRC, its not needed, the main Chef and the slicing/shredding attachments are far better.

HTH
  • nightofjoy
    Options
    Ah. Mine must be the Titanium then. Anyway, it's very good. I've always found Kenwood motors very reliable, and there are people out there who'll fix them if they break down, and you can find spares online - motors etc - not like with most disposable small appliances these days...

Seriously you should get more into real bread making though. Get a basic book to draw from, something like James Morton's Brilliant Bread.... there'll be no stopping you.
  • Petula
    Petula Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you have to move your link to your profile page and off the post ;)
  • Myr4
    Options
    Hi

I'm completely new to this forum and have no idea where to post about my problem!

I have a Kenwood km336 which is now 11 years old.

I have recently noticed that when I use the blender, there's a smell and some sort of grey residue appearing on the underside of the blender. This residue seems to me as though something has melted and then set again. When I take the residue out with a toothpick it's kind of small hard pieces. Don't know how to describe it!
    The other main part seems to be working fine. I can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue online.

I'd be really grateful if anybody could shed some light on this.

Many thanks in advance.
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Myr4 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm completely new to this forum and have no idea where to post about my problem!

I have a Kenwood km336 which is now 11 years old.

I have recently noticed that when I use the blender, there's a smell and some sort of grey residue appearing on the underside of the blender. This residue seems to me as though something has melted and then set again. When I take the residue out with a toothpick it's kind of small hard pieces. Don't know how to describe it!
    The other main part seems to be working fine. I can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue online.

I'd be really grateful if anybody could shed some light on this.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello. Did the Complete Kenwood Chef thread help? There are loads of links on it to other posts that may cover your problem.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport