PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 12 March 2010 at 4:14PM
    Another week gone - and almost on track.

Spent about £10 more than I'd hoped this week - but the meal plan hasn't exactly gone to plan due to poorly kids, so I'm replacing some things sooner than expected, and have others still sitting in the freezer a week after they should have been used.

Total spend to date is now £230.27 - which leaves just under £50 for the next 2 weeks - so long as no-one else succumbs to this bug that's doing the rounds, I should be ok with it, as under normal conditions it's only for milk, fruit and bread.
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    hoorah nsd for me at last :j:T
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • vodkawitch1
    vodkawitch1 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    NSD yesterday but spent £13.06 today - mostly on food for mothers day as my grown up children are coming over for dinner. Should be the other way round but I will enjoy seeing them and they will come armed with chocs and flowers even if I say don`t.

total left for rest of month £50.85 from total of £140.00.

Well done everyone you all seem to be doing great.
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    £1.99 spent in Sainsburys today - went to look for the chickens, but couldn't even see a price on the shelf, nevermind any chickens! Oh well. I might have a look in Coop tomorrow, although would be buying one because they're on offer, not because I need one and that kind of defeats the point of all this :p

Picked up a packet of wraps and a bag of frozen fruit salad to try, no idea what that will be like, but left it in the freezer at work so will try some on Monday.

I did get a packet of ice lollies for myself and a colleague which i'm not counting as they were a little treat for us after a crappy week!
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Snow_Angel
    Snow_Angel Posts: 763
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have had 3 NSDs in a row ... I am so proud :D
    Unfortunately tomorrow is a 6 Nations day, which means pub and beer in Wales :beer: - although that comes out of my entertainment budget and 'eating is cheating' so I'll probably have another GC NSD!!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Hi All just popped on to update signature by £11.57. Spent this on Fruit and Veg milk and bread. just as well after lastweeks mamoth shop. Same again for this week hopefully.
    2024 Decluttering 2292 ⭐️
  • Another little spend today of £8 odd on coleslaw for the pizzas tonight, some Aldi diet coke, cucumber & tomatoes, apples, buns & rice puddings. Might do some more baking tomorrow. Made a lovely gluten free banana loaf the other day which tasted completely normal!

Slowandsteady - hope you had a good time at the greyhound racing. My OH & I went the other weekend to Nottingham & had a great night. Even after entrance, bets, drinks & a curry afterwards, we still cleared about £25 profit so hope you were as lucky.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • aliadds
    aliadds Posts: 26,242
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Another no spend day.....so far managing to do one main shop a week and one fruit and milk top up! My worst time is at the weekend when I feel I deserve a treat! Sometimes I get confused between the GC and WW:o Having the willpower to succeed!
    Less is more
  • looie
    looie Posts: 706 Forumite
    Hi all, teeny spend for me today. 65p for 4 pints of milk :D I got my mum some milk too but I've not included that as it wasn't for us.

Signature updated
  • Botany
    Botany Posts: 244 Forumite
    Quick Update: I spent 17.11 in MrW today, bringing my pot for the month down to 97.85. Not doing brilliantly but could be worse :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure