IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKCPS the official update

Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that on the 13th October 2016, DVLA were made aware that UKCPS’ Accredited Operator Scheme membership had been suspended. Therefore they would be unable to access DVLA vehicle keeper data until membership is regained.

I believe the date held on the IPC website was incorrect. I note this has now been amended to show 13/10/2016

I hope this information helps to answer your query.

Kind regards

David Dunford
Data Sharing Strategy & Compliance
Strategy, Policy & Communications Directorate | D16 | DVLA | Swansea | SA99 1DY
Twitter: @dvlagovuk

[IMG]imap://xxxx%40gmx%2Eco%2Euk@imap.gmx.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E515?part=1.2&filename=image001.png[/IMG]

Vehicle tax or SORN can’t be passed on when a vehicle changes hands.
Find out more at: www.gov.uk/vehicletaxrules

indeed the IPC page has been amended again
Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita

Comments

• Sorry I don't know how to do a first post / new thread so forgive me with replying to this one though it seems relevant.

I parked on 090916 in a car park which basically that day had moved from public (council) to private ownership (permit only) as building work being done.There were no signs in the car park but I believe in retrospect there was a small one outside. Now of course there are signs all over the car park... I did not get a photo on the day :( as I did not see the sticker until I got home !!. They claim there were signs on the day. there were several innocent drivers parking on the day I did..we were asking each other where have the machines gone and where do we pay? there were no fine signs visible.

I am a law abiding citizen and i don't want to go to court but i sincerely believe there was no signage. I ma not the keeper my husband it. we have not had a keeper letter.

I have not given them name (signed letter The Keeper) but did appeal in writing using MSE template. Standard letter back on 04.10 offering chance to appeal to IAS.

Should I do so or not, given the information here that they are suspended from getting keeper details presumably for malpractice ? If so what are my chances. Or better just to ignore now?
  • Sorry i should have said it was UKCPS I parked at
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    OK , UKCPA were banned on the 13th October , your incident was on 09 sept , UKCPS are not allowed to contact the DVLA for 28 days after the ticket , therefor that makes it fri 7th oct and they were banned on the 13th

so there is about a 3 day gap , if you receive any more paperwork referring to this , return
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 October 2016 at 5:27PM
    I have not given them name (signed letter The Keeper) but did appeal in writing using MSE template. Standard letter back on 04.10 offering chance to appeal to IAS.
    Good move.

They have no name to sue or pursue! It seems they may just have missed out on getting your data...
    I parked on 090916 in a car park which basically that day had moved from public (council) to private ownership (permit only) as building work being done.There were no signs in the car park but I believe in retrospect there was a small one outside.
    I wonder if that's the sort of thing that got them suspended? They are not allowed to ticket where there are no signs up and to do so within 24 hours of the site changing from Council Pay and Display is sharp practice.

You can ignore the letters all the time they come addressed to 'the keeper' and we do not expect they will be allowed to retrospectively get your DVLA data.

To ensure this, I suggest you email the DVLA, tell them what happened and all about this location (where it is, the fact it was unsigned and why) and expressly forbid your data to be supplied regarding this incident on xx/xx/16. Say you know that UKCPS are suspended but you need to be certain they will not under any circumstances, be allowed to get your data after their little slap on the wrist expires.

Say that the fact UKCPS have been ticketing when there were no signs up within the site and no warning of a change of enforcement, needs referring as a serious complaint to the IPC as well, to add to the sanction points record. Require that the DVLA raise this with the IPC themselves WITHOUT divulging your details because you cannot, due to the scandal that allows the IPC make it impossible for consumers to make complaints about AOS members without registering their name, address and whether they are a driver/keeper etc. Since UKCPS are not entitled to this information say that you DO NOT agree to be forced to supply it to the IPC purely to contact that ATA Trade Body.

email this guy:

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

Also please join our campaign, your complaint is a serious one for the Government to hear about:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=6

...and tell your MP and Mrs May, in writing by post, what UKCPS have done and complain that the IPC make it impossible for consumers to openly contact them with complaints without registering your details in full (which in this case with a suspended company is wholly inappropriate). This prevents you and other people from complaining.

By comparison, the BPA offer an email address and do not insist on full details from a complainant. Neither are fit for purpose as they act for the rogue firms and not for consumers. Finish by pointing out that the Plain Language Commission stated: "The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK" and unfortunately the IPC, with its questionable conflicts of interest and 'kangaroo court' of an 'IAS appeal service' (an insult to consumers) is considered far worse by people who have suffered by their conduct and that of their members.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • First please be reassured I have read all the stickies and links .

1,. All I have had ( addressed to Sir/madam dated 4/10 was a rejection to the first appeal to UKCPS which does not address any of the issues I raised ( template letter).It does not say 'letter to keeper.' anywhere on it . Does this constitute a letter

2, My dead line for appeal to IAS is 24 th I have read all the newbie stuff and the advice not to appeal to IAS. IF we do appeal (or my husband does as keeper - understand that is the best way - is that correct ?) what are we losing out on? But I dont feel we can make a strong case without a photo of the lack of signage ( and subsequently they have put signage there). Is there a chance they will go away at this stage.?

If we do not have a letter to keeper by the 56 days (i.e. About 5 November) are we in a stronger position in any subsequent wranglings ?)

4. Why are they banned - does this make appeal to the IAS more likely to succeed ?

thank you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 October 2016 at 5:33PM
    We don't know why they are banned but this is usually for racking up too many sanction points - the most serious breaches include conduct like ticketing when there are no signs up!

Actually, ask David Dunford when you email him (seriously, please do! He is open with his replies and if he can say, he will - probably won't!).

I think an IAS appeal might kill it (and should) but they do not have your name! INTERESTING. Trouble is with the IAS, you have to say your name and register before using it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • from Coupon Mad

email this guy:

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

YES I WILL THANK YOU , MY LAST POST CROSSED YOURS
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    We don't know why they are banned but this is usually for racking up too many sanction points - the most serious breaches include conduct like ticketing when there are no signs up!

Actually, ask David Dunford when you email him (seriously, please do! He is open with his replies and if he can say, he will - probably won't!).

I think an IAS appeal might kill it (and should) but they do not have your name! INTERESTING. Trouble is with the IAS, you have to say your name and register before using it.

BUT as you say IAS WOULD HAVE MY NAME IF I or hubby appeal to IAS because you have to put a name and email in even a dodgy email didn't work - I tried
  • How long will their ban be for ??
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    catrin_666 wrote: »
    How long will their ban be for ??

We don't know. We don't know why they were banned either. Neither the PPC or IPC will tell you if you ask. The DVLA might, but I doubt that they will unless you have compelling reasons for them to do so.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business