Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Good morning all....

I've had a lovely weekend away and am now back!

It has been a challenge to stick to the FO but we have managed it by being very creative with the use of not only the sol vouchers but some compliments vouchers and our lovely DS who very kindly bought us tea on Friday evening.

The biggest spend of the weekend did go on a cream tea with scones and clotted cream....but I did balance it out by finding the local T and managing deli reduction time to provide us with a meat picking platter with salad and tomatoes for the princely sum of £1.09 for sundays evening meal.

Was good to catch up with DS ...he's clearly having a ball....the work is hard but he's also playing hard...which I guess in essence is uni life....but he's not sad and has made lots of friends....possibly living his dream amongst a flat of 6 others...

hope everyone else is well and I've not missed too much...

Using up freezer meatballs for tea this evening with store cupboard sause and some rtc vegetables that were 30p yesterday so if I go to T today it will only be to get the free cider.

Have a great day all
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • ilovetoshop
    ilovetoshop Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    edited 11 October 2016 at 9:38AM
    Morning

Might be old news here but Tesco now sale m&s gift cards ,Amazon and John Lewis and with an extra 75 points per £25 spend, so worth getting in preparation for Christmas also if anyone uses the zeek app they have 3% off the Tesco gift cards ( small amount to some but if you are buying anyway it's still a saving). So buy Tesco gift card to use in Tesco to buy other gift cards
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
  • ilovetoshop
    LEJC wrote: »
    Good morning all....

It has been a challenge to stick to the FO but we have managed it by being very creative with the use of not only the sol vouchers but some compliments vouchers and our lovely DS who very kindly bought us tea on Friday evening.

The biggest spend of the weekend did go on a cream tea with scones and clotted cream....but I did balance it out by finding the local T and managing deli reduction time to provide us with a meat picking platter with salad and tomatoes for the princely sum of £1.09 for sundays evening meal.

Was good to catch up with DS ...he's clearly having a ball....the work is hard but he's also playing hard...which I guess in essence is uni life....but he's not sad and has made lots of friends....possibly living his dream amongst a flat of 6 others...

Using up freezer meatballs for tea this evening with store cupboard sause and some rtc vegetables that were 30p yesterday so if I go to T today it will only be to get the free cider.

Have a great day all

How are you lejc ? Lovely to hear your son is settling into uni life, I've always imagined this as being one of the best experiences in life x
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    It's terrible isn't it what a ridiculous amount to need to save, I'm so sorry about your fil.

I've got a delivery this morning and I've ordered a few 2 for £9 can't remember which ones now, I also used a £6 off £60 so if BM has kicked in that might stop the voucher from working.

Good morning, work for me today although they seem to be my rest days lately :rotfl:

They should be ok Di the 2 for £9 ones are not brand matching, it's the 2 instore/online discounts that are making them cheap. :beer:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    LEJC wrote: »
    Good morning all....

Have a great day all

glad to see you back, there was an outbreak of Elite mild panic over the weekend when we wondered where you had vanished to :rotfl:

Seeing DS so settled and sorted and enjoying his new life does this make things any less difficult?

Is he back over half term or does it carry on until mid December when they break for Christmas?
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • ilovetoshop
  • Tinyshoes
    That's what I was trying to get across yesterday but didn't explain it well x

You did explain it well hippychicky, I just don't think any of us quite believed it was over and were looking for other reasons. :o

Definitely was a sad day now it's been corrected and does the BM on the discounted price as someone pointed out on HUKD makes the Faustino same price as A after the 25% and then the BM, £5 bottle. :(

I have to update my frocky total now as I did go out and get wine in the end as could be long time before we get another double instore discount. :eek: I was going to rely that another 25% off nearer xmas a few would glitch with BM but from what I read here and over on HUKD doesn't look like it's happening. :(
  • ilovetoshop
  • Tinyshoes
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Good morning all

Cold and dull I so wanted to stay in bed :(

I am sharing some of my yogurts today I used to have a bagful of gliches, shampoo condiioner, coffee, rice etc that I shared with a good friend who I am meeting for dinner Its her turn to pay so another cost free dinner Sunday was a groupon and DH paid for drinks

Free spices from work yesterday and free porridge later in the week I will "repay" the kind gentleman in cider or yogurt

I am loving the focus FROCKY is giving me

Enjoy your day

I did too but have seriously defrocked myself with the wine glitch when I find the receipt and update my total, I am going to be over my total already. :o:eek:
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    emmad5689 wrote: »
    Can you print the free hipp vouchers? Xx
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Yes . sunshinemummy is the one to ask :people

Someone earlier said you could which is why I asked. SM, could you post the link, pretty please?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure