A little penguin's ramblings!

Comments

• Penguins86
    Penguins86 Posts: 373 Forumite
    Whoops. OH rang and brother popped round so productivity halted and then I gt browsing the forums! So sorting out hasn't happened at all today so alarm is set for morning to get me busy nice and early. I need to write a list! But it can wait.

I've got my candle ready and am watching the remembrance programme and service on the telly box.
    NSDs January - 3/8 2017 total - 3
    declutter challenge 67/2017
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I love penguins! So cute!

Just popping by to say good luck on your journey. I'm living with my parents atm too so can fully empathise!
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • Penguins86
    Today didn't start too well. Couldn't sleep last night so switched the alarm off and didn't get up until 10. However...I'm now sat surrounded by various piles of school stuff and only have 5 mor bags to go through. I feel like I'm making progress. Even though I can hardly see the floor...at least I know what's in each pile of things! There will be more organising to do because my bits of paper are just in a heap and all resources are mixed up at the moment but I already feel much closer to being sorted!
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Keep on swimming little Penguin :D you will soon be there!!
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Penguins86
    I feel like I've made plenty of progress today, though I've still loads to do. Going to keep going for a while, have tea and then do a bit more. I'm a bit sad though :( I have misplaced my favourite children's story. I did have 2 copies and I think I donated one of them but can't find the other :( I may have to buy another if it doesn't turn up. Quite sad to see how many of the picture book stories I've collected feature penguins as the main characters...it's no wonder staff I knew well at my last school bought presents very penguin orientated!
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
  • Tiggy10
    Tiggy10 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done on the progress!
    Hopefully it will turn up - what is your favourite story?

I love the very hungry caterpillar and the tiger who came to tea. I do love tigers! :)
    Paying it all off in 2017:
    Finance 1- [STRIKE]115[/STRIKE] Paid Jan 2017
    Finance 2- 335
    CC - [STRIKE]2000[/STRIKE]1800
    OD 1 - [STRIKE]2200[/STRIKE] 1850
    OD 2 - 2500
  • Penguins86
    I like both of those Tiggy though my favourite by far is called Penguin by Polly Dunbar (anyone would think I liked penguins!) I'm sure it will turn up. Wouldn't surprise me if it's somewhere with my wood beads which disappeared months ago!

Aqua Zumba was oversubscribed today so have booked on for Friday to make sure it's not fully booked and we can't get on! We still got to do it but there were more of us than usual...amazing how much differenc e3 extra people can make. Had to go deeper than normal! We also as promised doubled our number of lengths to 4 haha. We will do more after I've been on holiday, just building up slowly haha!

I'm surrounded by stuff again this afternoon. From the built in wardrobe today in the hopes I'll find a Narnia like extra space for all my school stuff!!
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
  • Penguins86
    Oh no! My get up and go has got up and gone without me today! NBA had a great night's sleep and was woken up by bin men at half 7...needless to say I went back to sleep! And now I don't want to do anything! I've got to start getting sorted for holiday today so it's not all left until the last minute. And I've still got stuff all over the floor to put away somewhere!! I'll get there eventually! Though i do have to be on a bus by half 3 to go and view a house with OH.
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
  • Penguins86
    Just one more day until our holiday! I'm getting excited but haven't really started the packing yet! I've got little bits together as the week has gone on and I think I've stocked up on all the essentials. I'm going to need more clothes than last year...lots of walking planned (OHs idea not mine!) and the weather forecast is rubbish!

Have also got Aqua Zumba booked for lunchtime. Going on my own today as SIL to be is busy. I'm not keen on exercise alone, I struggle to stay motivated. But I might do more lengths after the class today.

We went to view a house last night. OHs only complaint was that it was a bit of a 'boy's pad' and it needed a bit of wallpaper as all the walls were just painted. I thought it was really nice (though needed wallpaper and maybe a bit less laminate...though that's each to their own taste of course and is simply aesthetics) and the kitchen and bathrooms were really nicely done. OH agrees it's the best we've seen so far and we need to decide whether that is the end of our search or whether we want to have another look around.
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
  • Tiggy10
    Tiggy10 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have a nice holiday if I don't pop by before! :)
    Paying it all off in 2017:
    Finance 1- [STRIKE]115[/STRIKE] Paid Jan 2017
    Finance 2- 335
    CC - [STRIKE]2000[/STRIKE]1800
    OD 1 - [STRIKE]2200[/STRIKE] 1850
    OD 2 - 2500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income