BESPOKE FINANCE LTD PPI CLAIM - anyone affected by these read this

marshallka
marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
edited 12 July 2010 at 12:36PM in Loans
MSE OFFICIAL INSERT

This thread concerns the activities of Bespoke Finance Ltd, company number 06086412, based in London, struck off and dissolved on 18/08/2009.

Not to be confused with a company of the same name, based in Bradford, registered under company number 07047817.

Originally posted by Tiggrae for anyone that is told to go to Bespoke Finance when they have a claim with Freedom Finance. She claims ppi for a living but helps out on here and has posted this up for anyone that has an issue with Bespoke/Freedom.

CALLING ALL AFFECTED BY FIRST PLUS / FREEDOM FINANCE / BESPOKE FINANCE UNHOLY TRINITY - I've just received this from the Financial Services Commission on Gibraltar - everyone affected needs to contact them about Bespoke Finance - let's us all put 'a SPOKE' in their wheels !!!!

[EMAIL="enforcement@fsc.gi"]enforcement@fsc.gi[/EMAIL]

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can confirm that Bespoke Finance [Ltd] [TEXT AMENDED] is not regulated by this Commission. Bespoke Finance [Ltd] [TEXT AMENDED] is a Gibraltar company (Incorporation No.60921). You can obtain further details about the company from Companies House in Gibraltar (www.companieshouse.gi)
We have received another enquiry concerning this company, although the nature of the activity in that case is loan finance, which is not a regulated activity. Perhaps you could provide copies of the PPI policy so that we can give you a more substantive response? This would enable us to take a view as to whether the company's activities require authorisation (in which case the Commission may consider enforcement action).
Yours sincerely.

Albert Yome
Manager, Fiduciary Services & Enforcement
Financial Services Commission
PO Box 940
Suite 943 Europort
Gibraltar

I have been in touch and anyone else please get in touch too.

Comments

• chrisharri
    chrisharri Posts: 91 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2011 at 2:58PM
    Hello All affected by Bespoke Finance.

I took out a loan on 28th October 2004 through Freedom finance who were processing the loan on behalf of Bespoke finance. The actual finance was provided by GE money home lending. The loan was for about £2500, and the PPI was for about £500.
    I feel like many that I have been mis-sold PPI. So I wrote to GE Money home lending, who forwarded my letter on to Freedom Finance. Freedom finance then forwarded my letter on to Bespoke Finance, as freedom were only processing the loan on behalf of Bespoke. Finally I recieved a letter from Bespoke Finance saying thank you very much for your complaint but tough, you're not getting your money back basically.
    So round two begins. I wrote to the FLA regarding the matter and GE appear to be in the clear. So I contacted the financial services commission in Gibraltar and they also have said that there really isn't anything they can do, as the loan was taken out before insurance selling had to be regulated. I then decided to take matters into my own hands, and so I caled [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Bespoke finance in Gibraltar. He was very polite and very friendly, but still isn't giving me my money back! So I'm now at a complete and utter loss! I think I'll give this one up!
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    did you actually speak to him??

i have tried sendin an email to him that was provided by freedom finance and guess what it doesnt recive emails.

so am i right to understand that we need to contact the gibraltar FSA but are unlikely to get any money back??
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • chrisharri
    edited 12 August 2011 at 2:56PM
    [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
    Have you emailed petermb? He is very good at getting money back for people so I have enlisted his help! Good luck and let me know how you get on please
  • jillie1974
    hi chris.
    i have spoken to financial ombudsman bout my claim. at the moment they think my claim maybe with GE Money as it was with them we had the loan and insurance and we should have had a refund when we paid the policy and loan off.
    have the claim forms just waiting on GE Money to sent me oe or 2 things
  • chrisharri
    Hi Julie,
    Good news then for you. Fingers crossed!
    Well, My loan was take pre ombudsman, so I can't get any help there, and I have spoken to GE without any luck, and then I got in touch with the finance and leasing association. They said the same thing as GE, that they only financed the loan and that any information that I was given about the PPI came from Freedom Finance. When I have complained to Freedom Finance they have told me that they were only processing the loan on behalf of Bespoke Finance, so my complaint lies with them! Stress!
  • jillie1974
    thats what i kinda have, but am hoping financial ombudsman can help. i dont know what to do if they cant.
    if anything we should definitely have had a refund for paying the full premium off before we should have.
  • NOTE: We are not the same company who you are pursuing.

Im sorry to here about this Mis-Sold Payment Protection Insurance.
    I recently registered the name of this company, unknown of history attached to it.
    Since then have received several letters from solicitors, each informed we are not the same company.

I would advise those effected to ensure their solicitors are pursuing the correct (business) persons, though notified, some such as Simpson Millar LLP ignore correspondence resending same letters where others have apologised for error.

Best of luck with pursuing claims.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2010 at 2:37PM
    marshallka wrote: »
    MSE OFFICIAL INSERT

This thread concerns the activities of Bespoke Finance Ltd, company number 06086412, based in London, struck off and dissolved on 18/08/2009.

Not to be confused with a company of the same name, based in Bradford, registered under company number 07047817.

Originally posted by Tiggrae for anyone that is told to go to Bespoke Finance when they have a claim with Freedom Finance. She claims ppi for a living but helps out on here and has posted this up for anyone that has an issue with Bespoke/Freedom.

CALLING ALL AFFECTED BY FIRST PLUS / FREEDOM FINANCE / BESPOKE FINANCE UNHOLY TRINITY - I've just received this from the Financial Services Commission on Gibraltar - everyone affected needs to contact them about Bespoke Finance - let's us all put 'a SPOKE' in their wheels !!!!

[EMAIL="enforcement@fsc.gi"]enforcement@fsc.gi[/EMAIL]

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can confirm that Bespoke Finance [Ltd] [TEXT AMENDED] is not regulated by this Commission. Bespoke Finance [Ltd] [TEXT AMENDED] is a Gibraltar company (Incorporation No.60921). You can obtain further details about the company from Companies House in Gibraltar (www.companieshouse.gi)
    We have received another enquiry concerning this company, although the nature of the activity in that case is loan finance, which is not a regulated activity. Perhaps you could provide copies of the PPI policy so that we can give you a more substantive response? This would enable us to take a view as to whether the company's activities require authorisation (in which case the Commission may consider enforcement action).
    Yours sincerely.

Albert Yome
    Manager, Fiduciary Services & Enforcement
    Financial Services Commission
    PO Box 940
    Suite 943 Europort
    Gibraltar

I have been in touch and anyone else please get in touch too.
    Sorry MSE but you have now confused the lot!!! This thread is on about neither of the above Bespoke Finance limited companies that you have mentioned. Its about one that is based in GIB and nothing to do with the UK ones. BOTH the UK Bespoke Finance Limited companies have NOTHING at all to do with this thread.

The Bespoke FInance attached to Freedom Finance have no limited company number in the UK and their address is registered in Gibraltar.
    Bespoke Finance Limited (formally Karacus)., Suite 2G, Eurolife Building, 1 Corral Road, Gibraltar
  • helpmary
    helpmary Posts: 10 Forumite
    May I say this at the end of the day This is all GE MONEY who it looks like can Say Do & Treat people in what ever way they want and get away with it. I have got so many letters back from GE MONEY which are not right I have even got letters about my clients who are my husband and I.
    I have no faith in anyone re this PPI any more..............................
    Government and all in this together I now think.
  • HayleyJ_2
    HayleyJ_2 Posts: 55 Forumite
    edited 12 August 2011 at 2:57PM
    Did anything happen with Bespoke Finance and the Gibraltar authorities? Has anyone managed to reclaim money from them or sue them?

I took out a loan in 2002 with Freedom Finance and believed that they brokered the loan, with the monies being provided by Paragon Personal Finance. Through the course of my investigations, I found out that Bespoke Finance were the actual "players" in this transaction and given that they were unregistered/unregulated, I will now never see any hope of reclaiming the missold ppi, totalling over £9k!!

If anyone has any juicy new info, I'd be grateful for it!

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport