PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 9th January 2018

Comments

• Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning everyone.

Another cold and frosty start to the day and I have to go out for the first time since Saturday. Back to work for me for a two hour teaching session and one tomorrow. I’m really not looking forward to the Wednesday group as they are fairly horrible, still, only three more weeks of them until the end of the semester.

The new mattress makes the bed a bit higher than before. I slept well in it even though it didn’t have the ‘me’ shaped dip in it.

There’s plenty in the fridge so don’t need any shopping. Washing all dry and dishwasher empty.

I wish you all a very happy and much better Tuesday.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Dumpling when your Becky goes back, maybe you could formally record that the promised help & visits didn't happen? I understand that you all managed ok without, but the whole point of the outreach support is to help ALL of you and if they are scrimping on Becky, they may be doing the same to other families who arent as able to cope as your tight-knit gang are. xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Good morning all,

Catching up on yesterdays post and it seems many of us are ill or sore in some way. I really hope you're all on the mend really very soon.

Football was cancelled last night due to frost. So i stayed late in work and then visited the SM, for some bits and bobs.

Not sure if I said, but I got a new car over the festive period. Not new new, but new to me. So I've to arrange a date for my finance company to collect my old car. My MOT runs out on the 12th of January, and they got in touch yesterday to say they earliest they can collect is the 18th. So I need to pay for an MOT for a car I'll never use. Very annoying, but needs must.

No plans this evening. Probably some ironing. Will endeavour to read more of my book too.

Oh, and I've got a coldsore. The joys.

HH - Have you got a cough bottle? I was drinking plenty of hot lemon and honey to soothe my throat.
    TA - Get a coffee/tea down you in the hope that helps. Glad you're feeling a bit better.
    Dumpling - Surely we needs pictures of this little chappy?
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all
    Not so chilly here in Essex this morning Dolly has been walked and is now on neighbourhood watch along the top of the settee
    NMIC sorry to hear your mum wasn't so with it last night but hopefully she was just tired after physio and her visitors hoping you have a better visit today
    Dumpling sorry to hear you have been let down but great news on Beckys progress
    Today will be taking DS to the gym but no spends as i have a big expense week coming up DD2 graduates in London and we are all out for a celebratory lunch as well as it being DH birthday the same day and i need to pay for DD1 new blinds in her flat this is a part xmas pressie
    Dinner tonight is pie n mash bit boring but need to eat up from the freezer
    Hugs to all those with worries ,coughs ,colds ,trips, falls and those who just need one
    have a great day whatever you are up to
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good Morning chums another damp looking day ahead ,didn't sleep well last night ,unfortunately my bones and joints give my gyp when the weather is wet, one of the downsides of old age I'm afraid .

I shall be bright and sparky by lunchtime hopefully as I am taking my DGS Ben out to lunch He is off back to Uni tomorrow, so I always treat him to a good feed the day before he goes back. A good pot of strong coffee will get me going I expect.

DGS Danny who was hoping to go last Friday to the Virgin Islands on holiday from New York where he lives with his wife, has managed to get an alteration for the pair of them, and went to Mexico for a week instead ,at least he will get a bit of sun at least. I am hoping he might get the chance to meet up with my niece as she lives in Mexico City.

Right high time I was getting some of the coffee down my neck :) Have a good day chums and <hugs> to those who are in need

JackieO xx
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    morning :wave:

Speky Who have you been kissing then :D

Sounds like the emergency room is getting quieter and everyone is finally on the mend.

Late posting today i have been up just doing some bits and pieces.
    got lots of work done yesterday which is good and i slept better so think things were buzzing round my head before.

had more turkey leftovers last night with a few roast potatoes released from the freezer and a big slaw salad. Sick of turkey now so no more for the rest of the week.

Mum day today so wish me luck. Going to pick up some goodies I ordered from next on the way home so at least I can look forward to that. Suspect most of it will be going back but hoping for a couple of gems. Did the same at M+S and everything went back bar a pair of pjs. Still its fun shopping in my front room :D

Need a couple of bits from Asda today not enough for a van delivery just some fresh stuff.

So thats my exciting day hope everyone elses is a little more newsworthy!
  • Morning ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Better nights sleep although it was 1am before I stopped reading, woke about 5am then then just before 8am.

The invalid has had his breakfast and is now courried down for a nap, will get him up for an hour this morning and then again this afternoon. No meds yesterday so they should come this morning. One thing is for sure, he is going to have to have one of those pick up things and I am going to have to dress him as far as shoes and socks etc are concerned, if he puts his head down he gets dizzy. Its very frustrating for both of us.

No news re the car, but I guess its a case of no news is good news....the garage will have had to order the light cluster and I guess its not going to be cheap.

I have to send OH's driving license back, now he has had this serious attack he will no longer be allowed to drive. I am also wondering if I can get his AA upped as I am going to have to do a lot more for him and I may need to pay a sitter to be with him if I have to go out.

Struggling with the low salt thing just now, looking at things like packet soup there is an awful lot of salt in a serving......so soup making skills are going to be severely tested.

I have a couple of muscle foods burgers I am going to cook one for him tonight with a few chips, he will have to eat his chips without salt, I can hear the moans now!!

Its a dull day here, a bit misty,cannot see the wind turbine on the hill.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Damp and misty here first thing (well first thing for me:rotfl:), but seems a little better now. OH is preparing to go cycling and meet up with the gang for lunch, I have visit to Osteopath this afternoon and may try going out earlier and going to the shops, but although there should be parking spaces I don't always feel able to take the route march from the far extremes of the car park:(

Sad news here is that our 94 year old neighbour died yesterday, she was a very active tiny little body, who at the beginning of the summer was still climbing up step ladders and pruning 8ft+ high conifers. Apart from cutting the lawns which her kind next door neighbour did for her, she did all her own gardening and house work, she was taken into hospital last Wednesday and died yesterday morning, not a bad end as things go, we will all miss her very much.

nmlc - hope there is better news of your mum today, Dumpling - I also think you should mention the lack of support that you have experienced.

Take care everyone and take it easy, these bugs really do knock the stuffing out of us.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • HollyHarvey,
    Thanks for starting the thread and thanks to everyone who has made the effort to post.

I woke up 7:45 a.m. coughing fit to bust & feeling like someone was using a grater on my throat!
    Dressing gown on & a blackcurrant Bee...ms within ten minutes. Hope it helps!

Mind you the potential illness has been a spur to get a move on. One kitchen cupboard emptied & to be sorted. Wheelie case, hold-all & carrier bag filled ready for first visit of the year to cs (on the bus oh joy of joys) Just about to get ready to go out to cs & then straight home for baking, soup & scone making & sorting of contents of emptied cupboard.

Positive & wellness vibes to all,

Mrs SD:)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 January 2018 at 1:23PM
    Morning campers :wave: ( in my best Hi Di Hi voice :rotfl:)
    Well I made it back safely from the Cupboard of Doom, got Mr Fix It to reach the top shelves but had to dismiss his services as he wanted to put everything back....... Nooooo :eek:. Managed 3 bags for cs and 2 for the rubbish man. Kept thinking that after we go, I don't want DD to be lumbered with lots of stuff to dispose of, so decided it was time to let most of my childhood books go too, twas with a heavy heart though :sad:. ( Did keep a few back for the DGC :shhh: )
    We aren't car hunting today as it's raining, for a change :( and it's 4 degrees, so will hopefully go tomorrow when supposedly the sun will be shining. Did however go to Al*i for a top up shop and was there and back in just over half an hour, as the shop was almost empty.
    So my plans today include a freezer inventory and a food cupboard one too. I didn't get round to the ironing yesterday so that's also penned in for today.
    NMLC I believe that sleep plays an important part in helping the brain and the body to heal, so perhaps that's what is happening to your Mum.
    TA I think that moving around the dust may make your cough worse ;):D
    Dumpling I agree with others about making a complaint, you shouldn't have to manage things by yourselves when help was promised.
    MaddieM sorry to hear about your neighbour. Although she had a long life it is still very sad.
    Specky spoke to Mr Fix It about your old car. He wonders if there is somewhere off the road ( someones drive perhaps ) where you can park it and then register it as S.O.R.N with the DVLA ?
    Nelski good luck with Mum today
    Holly thanks for the start but please try not to push your body too much, too soon.
    Karcher how are you doing today ? Glad to have given you a giggle.
    The hug bucket has been refilled this morn, so please help yourselves should you need or want some.
    Healing vibes to all the poorlies too.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure