Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,162 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    You will never guess where I found the smarties.

In the boot of the car :rotfl:
    Put there by a certain DS :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Not even 8.30 & it is dark :(:(
    & not exactly warm either :(:(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Fell earlier.
    Pain kicking in now.
    Hey ho.
    Would be fab to have a week without falling once.
    If only:(:(:(

:grouphug:

You're going to have to stop that. Or we shall Take Measures (TM)...

HT17dBUFQtbXXagOFbXx.jpg
    You will never guess where I found the smarties.

In the boot of the car :rotfl:
    Put there by a certain DS :rotfl:

He's trying to cut down on your brightly-coloured tablet habit... :rotfl:
    Not even 8.30 & it is dark :(:(
    & not exactly warm either :(:(

There's been a number of reports around the world of it getting cold early for winter. It has been somewhat cold and very rainy here.

Hopefully it'll be like last winter, where the southerners got all the bad weather... :dance: :p
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,243 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Since Mr SA got his scooter his mobility has got worse, so personally I would say try and hold off as long as you can. However, if you would feel safer then go ahead. Not liking the nights drawing in :(
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good grief, the weather man just mentioned a touch of ground frost!!! And the heavens just opened :( I disapprove, generally speaking.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Dear Z.
    Please may I have your thoughts on something similar to this.
    Thank you :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Style-4mph-Portable-Travel-Car-Boot-Mobility-Scooter-4-Wheel-Shopping/381393043480?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Anyone else any experience of anything similar? Thanks.
    Wont be at the moment but trying to gather my thoughts together.
    Thank you :)

• beanielou
    Watching The Last Night at the Proms & resisting raspberry gin!!

• I had the gin while singing away!
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite

Well first I would say the VAT exemption is important. A fifth off is a big chunk of change.

I also notice the "12Ah Battery Pack: 9.2kgs (20.2lbs)" - smells like lead-acid battery to me. That's pretty heavy, I don't care about the "Removable battery pack with easy to carry handle and locking mechanism" - 20 lbs is still pretty heavy.

How are you going to be using this? Are you expecting to be able to get it in and out of your car? It's looking pretty heavy for that. Even taking the weight of the various other bits off, the base is looking approx 50lb weight.

It is cheap though - I'll give it that (I have no idea why they're so expensive!). Have you thought about second-hand?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    I dont care about new or second hand.
    It has to be about the weight.
    Yes, I want to be able to use it myself & get it in & out of the car myself other wise there is no point.
    Why is it so fluffing complicated.
    I just want to toodle out sometimes without a big faff.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback