IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Debt Recovery Plus letter

Hi, I need some advice please.

I received a parking ticket from PPS in December 2015. They sent me a pile of letters for about 6 months saying pay this and pay that, heres a discount etc etc. Then they sent me letters from Debt Recovery Plus talking about potential court proceedings which were ignored once again.

A year and some months later I received another letter now from Debt Recovery Plus telling me I must pay £160 quid within 14 days or they will pass the failure to pay back to PPS who then will take action with their solicitor to take me to court in order to get the money. Letter had red writing on the top of it.

Must I ring and pay the money or ignore it? I think PPS is now part of IPC but not sure about BPA.

Whats the best course of action?

Many thanks

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • damsdee
    damsdee Posts: 6 Forumite
    Thanks, I had a look. In a nutshell; IGNORE.

My question is, lets say I ignore. Then PPS takes action to take me to court and that will cost me money.

Can PPS do that? Is IPC accreditation enough for them to take court action?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yes they can take you to court. MSE has an excellent track record of seeing off court cases though. Also just because they can it doesn't mean they will.

Court cases often cost more for the company than they get so many don't bother.
  • damsdee
    Thank you once again. First time someone has chased me up a year and some months later so I'm a bit worried. Generally speaking are they likely to give it a rest for 160 quid or would they push for court?
  • waamo
    PPS rarely do court. They seem to pick on easy targets. Here are the figures http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Premier_Parking_Solutions.html
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    they will huff ,, they will puff ,,, and then toss a coin

the debt collectors can do nothing , they do not get paid if you do not pay up

the parking co will inflate the figure , often in the £200 + bracket

HOWEVER

the origional charge cannot exceed £100 , and thats all they "legally" get IF they take you to court and IF they win

yup there will be about £50 -£75 in vcourt costs , but hell , that will be less than they are asking now

you would fight them , cause them pain and costs , upto the point where they have to blow £100-300 on a person to turn up to fight you , good news , they cannot claim this back!!

ignore the debt collectors - zenith next (check address footer) offering you a discount ,

dont contact them

hold fast if the PPC want to play - let them!

if you move house etc , you need to inform the parking co , because they may try for a default win at your old address
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    damsdee wrote: »
    Hi, I need some advice please.

I received a parking ticket from PPS in December 2015. They sent me a pile of letters for about 6 months saying pay this and pay that, heres a discount etc etc. Then they sent me letters from Debt Recovery Plus talking about potential court proceedings which were ignored once again.

A year and some months later I received another letter now from Debt Recovery Plus telling me I must pay £160 quid within 14 days or they will pass the failure to pay back to PPS who then will take action with their solicitor to take me to court in order to get the money. Letter had red writing on the top of it.

Must I ring and pay the money or ignore it? I think PPS is now part of IPC but not sure about BPA.

Whats the best course of action?

Many thanks

MUST be the 6th post today I have replied to about DRP

There is no must about paying this very low life
    debt collector

IGNORE DRP THEY ARE THE DREGS AND ARE POWERLESS

The best course of action is to ignore these rogues THEY CAN DO NOTHING

Somebody said to me recently about DRP
    "What a load of plonkers!
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,019 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    damsdee wrote: »
    Thank you once again. First time someone has chased me up a year and some months later so I'm a bit worried. Generally speaking are they likely to give it a rest for 160 quid or would they push for court?

Debt collectors have no bearing on whether you would be taken to court or not they are just lazy letter senders that try to frighten people to get their cut.
    The PPC charge was not £160 was it I suspect it was £100 and the £60 has been added on by the dopey debt collector Muppets.
    PPS could take you to the small claims court though they are unlikely to for one claim but who knows.

Their membership of the IPC is immaterial your local plumber could take you to court if he thought you owed him money.

Calm down ignore the idiots and come back if you get anything resembling real court papers.
  • damsdee
    Thanks a bunch guys, you been absolute legends.

Yes you are right. It was £100 for the ticket.

I have moved house. Therefore I should call PPS and tell them I have moved and inform them of my new address? The DRP letter was sent to the old address for some reason and my ex landlord informed me of it. Even though she can't open letters addressed to me I'm sure.

But if I call PPS and tell them my address change. Doesn't that mean I am admitting to the ticket etc?
  • waamo
    Never, ever, ever ring. Write or email. If you ring they will try and get you to admit being the driver. They will pressure you into paying.

Do not ring. Never ever ring. Don't even think of ringing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure