AA Credit Card and document certification question

Options
Hi there

Applied for an AA 0% (30 month credit card). They've asked my for two pieces of information

1. ID
2. Proof of address (Gas, Electricity bill, Bank Account, Credit Card Statements)

They want it signed by a Solicitor, Accountant, or bank official. I don't have either of the first two, and banks no longer do this. Can I get it done in the Post Office?

For proof of address, does anyone know if I can supply a recent Poll Card with my address on it?

Thanks

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,057 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    AA are renowned on here for their stringent approach to ID verification, and they do have rules that appear stricter than many others.

Even if anyone was to offer you assurances that your workarounds/shortcuts had worked previously it would obviously be no guarantee that they'd work again so, given their reputation, I'd suggest you either stick to the letter of their request or go elsewhere, or alternatively contact them directly to see if they're prepared to compromise (don't build up your hopes!).
  • f1119
    f1119 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, wish I looked at this forum before applying

That will be a "hard search" on my credit rating I guess if I don't proceed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure