Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Small Business - Auto Enrolement This Month

We are a small business with 3 employees. We have used "HMRC Basic PAYE Tools" for our payroll for the last 3 years. It seems that although everyone in the UK has to be ready for Auto-Enrolement, HMRC do not and there seems to be no simple way to keep using this software!!!

Can anyone recommend an alternative? We occasionally have CIS deductions to process, but otherwise, the most basic free software will do us fine!

Comments

• AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,706
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    All our employees have opted out now, but i calculated deduction with our account on nest (pension provider) then input this deduction in basic tools, didn't appear to be any issues?
  • Same problem - really intersted if anyone out there can help?
  • JoeCrystal
    JoeCrystal Posts: 3,001
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi there,

You might get a better response if you posted on the main pension forum rather than this sub forum since hardly anyone checked it.
  • Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Completely sympathise but it really isn't much of an issue. Calculate the deductions using a simple spreadsheet (or just a calculator!) and then include these under 'deductions' in BPT. You then need to enter the amounts manually on the relevant page of NEST, which I'm assuming you will be using. Annoying, yes - but once you've figured out what to do it will take no more than a few minutes and will save you the hassle of changing to other payroll software.
  • aj9648
    aj9648 Posts: 1,372
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Try bright pay payroll software

Give me a shout if you need help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income