IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CCJ and my Credit Score- All correspondence sent to address from 2013

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    So get it set aside, get the form this week after reading saggi's thread and Ash's thread and the one I linked. You can even get a set aside form right now, online - but you need to read threads here to know how to complete it. I'm not repeating it all again!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • zebrarose
    zebrarose Posts: 99 Forumite
    I've read saggi's thread, having trouble finding ash's one. Could you post a link please? Been searching for it all night
  • zebrarose
    Appeal sent on day 26 for most recent PC.

Had a look at my V5 and it does have my current address on it. Wrote to the DVLA today to find out dates of address changes etc.

Have been researching about the particulars for the CCJ PC and looking through my previous tenancy agreement to see if it was varied etc. I've done a lot of research about tenancy agreement v PC and I think it will be my basis for defense
  • Coupon-mad
    Yes it certainly will be your main point, usually along with the signage being pants even if the Judge thinks there might be a contract worth exploring.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    zebrarose wrote: »
    Appeal sent on day 26 for most recent PC.

Had a look at my V5 and it does have my current address on it. Wrote to the DVLA today to find out dates of address changes etc.

Have been researching about the particulars for the CCJ PC and looking through my previous tenancy agreement to see if it was varied etc. I've done a lot of research about tenancy agreement v PC and I think it will be my basis for defense

page 2 of v5 , doc ref at bottom will show date of change to currant address
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Timothea
    Timothea Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Concentrate on getting the CCJ set aside. Once you have this, there may be another hearing for the original claim. However, Gladstones might decide to discontinue if your set aside arguments are strong enough.

Once all of this is sorted, you could decide to make a claim against Gladstones for breach of principle 4 of the Data Protection Act 1998. You could claim damages for any extra costs you have incurred due to the CCJ, as well as compensation for distress. You would certainly get a lot of help from here if you wanted to do this.

Read post #1 and #13 of this thread for further information:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5585388
  • zebrarose
    edited 25 March 2017 at 12:06AM
    After looking at page 2 of my V5, I discover I have had my current address since June 2016 (which is when I moved). CCJBC said the CCJ was issued in September 2016... interesting

Moving house tomorrow after being in limbo for 3 weeks and as soon as I get some money (from the return of my deposit- so so scint), I will apply for this set aside.
  • DollyDee_2
    DollyDee_2 Posts: 765 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 March 2017 at 10:06AM
    Don't forget to update your Driving Licence AND your V5.:)

Unless you have very good arrangements for collecting your post at your old address I would strongly recommend you set up Royal Mail redirection for 12 months.

https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redirection

It is £59.99 for a year (why don't they just set it at £60:mad:, we're not idiots) which is a chunk of money you could probably do without spending at this particular time but you would have peace of mind.

And inform UKPC of your new address for the recent PCN, you don't want that one biting you on the bum sometime in the future.

Also inform every bank, credit card, mobile phone provider, HMRC, Council Tax, energy suppliers, employer, everyone you can think of, of your new address.
  • Coupon-mad
    zebrarose wrote: »
    After looking at page 2 of my V5, I discover I have had my current address since June 2016 (which is when I moved). CCJBC said the CCJ was issued in September 2016... interesting

But the PPC would have got the address much earlier (just after the time of the parking ticket) and there is no rule that they have to check the address before issuing a claim (something the Govt has pledged to address to stop this happening to victims like you in future).

In fact PPCs are not allowed to ask the DVLA again if the keeper is still registered to the same address. Once they have the data they only update it if a victim tells them. They can only get data once from the DVLA, per 'charge'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure