IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Council conceded, but hire company fee remains

Hi. I paid electronically to park a hired car outside my house. Camden Council issued a parking fine which went to the hire company, who passed it on to me. The Council capitulated immediately as I had online proof of payment, but the hire company is sticking by its £50 admin fee. What can I do? The co (Citirental in Swiss Cottage) say I should ask the council to pay. I have, but would faint if they agreed...

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,255
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Check the small print of your contract/agreement with the hire company. Many that I've seen promise a refund of admin costs if the parking charge/penalty is won on appeal.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,622
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ask (or check online) if the Hire Firm are members of the BVRLA, and if they are, ask them to confirm:

- is this their final word/have you reached the end of their complaints procedure, and

- what the procedure is for using the BVRLA dispute process, which you now wish to use.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure