Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Comments

• macma
    macma Posts: 911 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm very "green" when it comes to blogging but would really like add buttons and links because folk are so generous with ideas.
    I would be grateful for tips on how to add them to to my very basic blog.thanks :T:)
  • Made a fairly basic card (in terms of fanciness) featuring one, rather large, lego man. I'm practising my easel card making. I'm sure you'll find it if you go looking.
  • Laura_D_3
    Laura_D_3 Posts: 268 Forumite
    Todays card involved painting (like card making not one of my strong points!!) however as it's a valentines day card it's undeniably made with lots of love :) I utilised the idea of one of the many gorgeous cards on http://nightowlpapergoods.com/product.php?productid=702&cat=283&page=1
    valentine+001.JPG
    Have a lovely day all, I'm off down the allotment in the hope it doesn't rain xx
  • melissa75 wrote: »
    Betterlife- hope your DS settles better for you tonight - sounds like you've got your hands full! Am I right in thinking that you've got 4 kids??? How do you cope??? I've got 3 boys at the minute - aged 8,7 and 1 and my little girl is due April 3rd. How did your cake turn out???.

yes melissa, i have 4 :eek: mine are 2,4,6 and 10, 3 boys and a girl. my girl is 4 and surprisingly girly considering she has very boystrous brothers lol. cope? who says i cope :rotfl: your`ll be fine ;) oh how exciting a new baby, the cake turned out good, i was quite pleased and it went down well at party last night, heres a picture http://www.flickr.com/photos/clairsminis/5420583711/
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    PONR - they've just redesigned the site so I'm assuming they forgot to put the details on, from memory its £1.95 if you spend under £10, over £10 spend its £2.95, I'm not sure if it changes if you spend over £20.

Georgiegirl2012 - fab lego card - my son would love it!

LauraD - great card - love the red against the kraft card.

Betterlife - your cake is gorgeous - love the quilted effect and the butterflies are so pretty. There's 18 months difference between my oldest two - about the same as there will be between Elliot and my girl and I remember how hard it was with them so I'm worrying a bit. I don't know how you find the time to get everything done!
  • Soma
    Soma Posts: 699 Forumite
    morning
    Dallam - fantastic card
    Dragonllew - hope your finger gets better. You do well to make such smashing cards when you have a poorly finger.
    Addams - congrats on the win
    Flourgirl - way to go on your tip!
  • melissa, your be fine, im sure, the older ones will want to help by passing you nappies when doing changes etc, i always find the youngest seems to grow up slightly and become a bit more independant when a new baby comes along. its hard because you need to get that happy medium between not leaving them out completely but also showing them that the baby needs mummys attention aswell. ive always bought a little present for mine for the birth day so the new baby can give there siblings presents. another thing which has probably helped me is ive had all mine at home, so ive not been gone for a day or so. im so sure you will be fine though , and you have a girl to look forward too, all those pink and frill dresses after having boys, you will love it :)

georgiegirl could you please email your card to me,as my comp wont let me open your blog it just keeps closing down for some reason? thanks xx
    One day I will live in a cabin in the woods
  • Well after my 2 day extended birthday celebrations I decided yesterday that I really wanted the Create and Craft pick of the week, ended up spending £60 on it with adding the bits on too, but its on flexi pay and looks SOOOO cute!
    Life is like a box of chocolates..........you always seem to pick the hard ones!
  • Popping on for a catch up as hubby doing uni work, ds1 isn't very well so he is just chilling on the sofa and ds2 is having a nap so i feel a bit lost.

Just like many of my things, I have lost my wedding ring:eek: and my glasses. I really need my glasses, it' driving me insane i can't find them. I only where them for diving, readfing and when i am the comp but my eyes are getting strained and i am getting headaches. I haven't had them since new year!

As for my ring it is grooved and i take it off if baking or creaming the boys up every night for their bad skin because i don't want stuff to get in it. It's been gone a week now and i haven't a cue where it is. Hubby being very good about it. Got to stop looking at it will turn up.

Love your cake betterlife it's so cute.

Iv'e got to go and look though my stash, a couple of kids in school want to send valentines cards and have asked me for anything i can give them. I am going to print off those free papers for them thanks who ever posted the link.
    :)Mummy to 2 wonderful boys :)
    Want to be fit for 30 not fat at 30
    but i want never gets!!!
  • dallam20
    dallam20 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi all,

thanks for everyones kind comments and the welcome. Working my way through a few of your BLOGs and following them now. :)
    Don't think I'll have time to read back through the whole of this thread but will try a few pages and certainly keep up from now on.

Flourgirl love the wedding invites :j

I've entered my first challenge today over on Lili of the Valley
    and if you want to see my entry it's here

Dawn x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business