Budget Planner Spreadsheet Help Thread

Comments

• Hi

Could you tell me which cells you're trying to edit? If you're trying to change cells that aren't editable it won't let you.

Could you try entering figures in the monthly figures column and see if that works for you?

Andrea :)
    momofone wrote: »
    Hi Andrea,
    The message that i keep getting is:

'The cell or chart you're trying to change is protected and therefore, read only
    To modify a protected cell or chart,first remove protection using the unprotect sheet command(Tools menu,protection submenu).You may be prompted for a password'

Now,i've even gone to as far as clicking on the tools menu, then to protection submenu but it takes me back to square one where i'm being prompted for a password....

I'm stuck as i don't know what to do.
    Ive spent the last few days downloading and changing the name while saving it but to no avail.

Its a big shame cos the planner seems to be genuine..if only...

Thanks in advance Andrea.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Hi Im glad to see Im not the only one having problems downloading spreadsheet. I have right clicked and saved target AS and down loaded excel speadsheet viewer from link suggested and I still get the message protected by password or encrypted. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • Hi Ive now managed to download the spreadsheet but it wont let me enter any data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Success at last ! if like me you dont have excel on your PC than the link to down load Open office software works as suggested at the same place where you begin your down load for the spreadsheet. Just shows what determination can do when you are getting fed up with something.
  • The Budget Planner looks great but is there any chance of having the password.

I was just about to get stated with income but want to add to extra columns to the right, one for me and one for my wife. We may be going down to one income and therefore being able to do this would be very useful.

I don't think I can do this without a password to make the spreadsheet unprotected.

Thanks
    P
  • Hi,

I've been using the budget planner for some time now. I recently got a pay rise :j and went back in to change my income amount, but it won't let me!!! Says that the cell is protected and if I try to unprotect the sheet it asks for a password.

Any ideas anyone? I'm using vista and excel 2007 so had to resave the doc as macro enabled before I could use it, but its been running fine up til now.

:confused:
  • yesican
    yesican Posts: 243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi guys..

If anyone has MANAGED to download the budget planner WITHOUT any problems and you haven't started putting in your figures yet-Could you please be so kind as to forward the file please?

I'm upto my eyes in frustration cos i've downloaded loads of times but nothing seems to work-If its not password protected,its something else.
    I do have excel 2003.

Thanks in advance guys...
  • Hi mumofone

Could you tell me which cells you're trying to edit? If you're trying to change cells that aren't editable it won't let you.

Could you try entering figures in the monthly figures column and see if that works for you?

Thank!

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • I have had no problem downloading the Budget Planner and have no problem entering values into the cells. However, in some of the categories I want to add extra rows as I have more than three additional categories under certain headings. It won;t let me do this without a password to unprotect the cell.

From reading the posts I understand that several people are having the same problem but are not getting the right answers. I can enter figures into all the relevants comments but I need to add more rows.

Is it possible to have an unprotected sheet or the [assword to enable me to unprotect it myself so that I can update it as needed, otherwise I'm going to have to start again from scratch.....

Thanks Claire
  • space_rider
    space_rider Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    I had problem too but I was trying to put the figures in the protected bit which was the total. If you put the amounts in the monthly, weekly or yearly bit it works!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure