Telecoms credit reclaiming. Guide discussion

Comments

• Hi, just to say that BT does not automatically refund overpayments for line rental or whatever you pay for in advance. A couple of years ago I left them because they charged me £99 for a non-existent visit to my home that took ages to get back. They tried to get away with refunding it on my next quarterly bill but I insisted on my money back that they took via direct debit. A few weeks later it suddenly occurred to me that they probably owed me some money & they did (about £30). So don't assume they are the good guys. They are just as bad as the rest of them.
  • I telephone Tiscali and gave them my telephone number. They say it is not recognised. Now what?
  • I had a mobile phone contract with O2 over two years ago, I have just rung to check if I had any credit on my old account. I wasn't hopeful but they are refunding £19.30 into bank account!

Well worth the two minutes it took on the phone and I have to say the customer services advisor couldn't have been nicer!
  • Thank you MSE - £17.72 should be with me within 10 days. I phoned O2 after seeing Martin on Daybreak and checking to see if my account was in credit - which it has been for nearly 5 months - I cannot believe that it is not an automatic refund, after all they're quick enough to take it. Check with your old provider and get any money owed to you back!
  • Just a quick update. Phoned talktalk on the 23rd nov and my refund arrived in post today. The whole £51.51 horaay!!! I would recommend everyone to do the same. Just hope the cheque dont bounce lol. I have it spent and all. ps i would strongly recommend going to saynoto0870 and getting alternative number. I did and was able to use free mins on my mobile so it didnt even cost me a phone call. good luck to all who are still waitingxx:rotfl::T
  • hi looblou1957 i was with talktalk and i had my acc number and telephone num but when i phoned they said they didnt need acc number only tele. I know it is a long shot but it worked for me. When i signed up to talktalk i done online billing. Even now 10mths after leaving them i can still log into my account thats how i get my acc number so if you done this try and log into your acc if you can remeber your email and pass word. goodluck
  • Is it possible to reclaim money on a PAYG Virgin mobile? I've a new PAYG phone with Orange, but still have credit on the virgin one.
    Cheers,
  • MSE_Jenny wrote: »
    This is the discussion thread for the following guide:

Please add any comments below.

I just tried to reclaim some leftover credit on my 02 pay as you go phone as I want to go over to Tesco as they are offering an excellent £10 per month SIM only deal at the moment with no ongoing contract but they were having none of it. the only thing they will do is transfer the credit to another 02 customer (family or friend).
  • Hi

Have just contacted Asda 'pay as you go' and asked to have the balance that will be left after I leave them refunded and they advise me that it is their policy is not to refund or transfer funds added to pay as you go phones. So beware use it all up before you go or you will lose it. Asda use Vodaphone as their network, calls cost 8p per minute and texts are 4p, so very competitve and accessible worldwide, might help others in the futuire
  • Dejay
    Dejay Posts: 55 Forumite
    I contacted Orange at the beginning of November, after reading the article, as I knew I was owed the huge sum of £1.96. Having been promised a cheque on the 3rd November I continued to mail them each month saying that I was "still waiting" It finally arrived this week and is now banked.

The overpayment was due to the fact that when I called them to cancel my Dial Up internet access they insisted that it would be cancelled immediately instead of several days later at the end of the month. This was fine with me as I had already arranged for BB with another company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure