my non-mortgage mortgage free journey

Comments

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    good u back .....our house is like a plague house at the moment think i need to put a cross on the door....oh well spring cant be far away

take care tess
    onwards and upwards
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 31 January 2013 at 1:35PM
    It seems to be mainly me who's suffering lately, but i'm back now :)

Ok now baring in mind my budget for the whole year is £7500, this month i've spent.....£1174.18!!! and i havent even paid any phone bill or elec this month, biggiest cost has been fuel with £525 heating oil which i wasn't expecting to pay at all this year but turns out the boiler here isn't great and then £80.22 on desil, next up is £190.44 for shopping!!! next up is rent at £150 which can't be helped, all the wee fiddly bits like clothes (i needed a dress for a few weddings so it was better to buy in sales) eating out, and day out with the kids came to £193.52...it's scary stuff.

So next month

£40 for food, meal plans already done and shopping lists for each week has been made.

£150 on fuel max.

£25 for kids days out (saturdays), £8 swimming, £6 for cinema deal, atleast one day of a big long walk and no spends, and one more day to decide one.

We're away for 2 1/2 days on feb meals are included so i will try keep spends low.

Will be doing abit more baking and giving the kids puddings, i have tons of 6p custards so cake and custard will feature aswell as homemade pancakes.

I will not add a single thing to my freezer this month unless it's a leftover, nothing shop bought will go in there, i will resist the till spit tesco gave me as i don't need £30 of shopping.

budget next month looks like this

food £40
    desil £150
    spends £25
    insurance £19
    electric bill ????- prob around £100 maybe slightly more
    phone bill £150ish

so around £500 (feel like i've missed something tho)

meal plan is as follows

1-pizza and garlic bread
    2-creamy pasta bake topped with breadcrumbs
    3- inlaws, sandwichs
    4-sheperds pie
    5-10p chicken breasts with mash
    6-steak and chips
    7-spag bol
    8-chilli and rice
    9-pizza and garlic bread
    10- inlaws, sandwichs
    11-lasagne
    12-pie, peas and mash
    13-pork shoulder with roasties, yorhshires and mixed veg
    14-pulled pork with mash, and brocolli chesse
    15-chips beans and cheese
    16- away
    17-away
    18-away dinner soup- breakfast at hotel
    19-homemade chicken pie with mash and cauliflower
    20-quiche and chips
    21-bacon mash and beans
    22-tom pasta bake, topped with breadcrums
    23-fish and chips
    24-inlaws
    25-roast chicken dinner
    26-chicken casarole
    27-sausage rolls mash and beans
    28-chicken soup and garlic lemon and herb bread

Breakfasts will be porridge, pancakes, cereal or toast.

Lunch will be sandwichs, pancakes, lefovers, soup or beans on toast.

From tomorrow i will be trying to post every day tell you all about my spends and the food we're eating, doing pretty well at the £3.30 a day but have loads of food in now instead.

Today we had

cereal for breakfast 40p orange 15p
    lunch was sausage rolls 46p and bananas 30p
    dinner is pasta bake, pasta 45p, sweetcorn 33p, pasta sauce 39p, cheese 30p= £1.47

Total £2.78

Got free deodrant from bzzagents along with signing up from free colour catchers and free vanish to try that havent arrived yet.

I only saved £579 this month, however hubby is still due some pay so it should be £1119 and i will be transfering that over when it comes threw.

Savings plan for next month is £1750 fingers crossed.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Forumite
    edited 1 February 2013 at 11:12AM
    Good morning everyone well it's the 1st of feb :)

Few dd's out already £19.02 insurance and £17.50 phone bill.

Going out for a meal tonight so will add those spends later aswell.

Other than the meal there will be no other spending today.

Oh yeah food for today

breakfast special k mini breaks x 3 15p, orange 15p pancakes 7p (costed below)
    lunch cheese and broclli pasta packet (3 for £1 in hb) 33p

made pancakes using this recipe
    http://www.cheap-family-recipes.org.uk/recipe-breakfastfruitypancakes.html?opt=rbreakfast
    but not fruit or spice so

200g flour (value bought on 3 for 2 -has tesco stopped selling value?) 4.6p
    25g sugar 2.5p
    salt and water-free
    so say 7p

i then made a double batch of this is 14p plus a pot of reduced blueberries 55p and made 6 large blueberry pancakes for the kids breakfasts over the weekend :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Forumite
    Spent £104 on fri night on our date on food and some new clothes, bit expensive but much needed.

Sat was good kids had blueberry pancakes 69p i made then we went to the skip (remeber we have no bin) then took the dogs and kids for a big walk, came home about half 3 starving and ignoring the hints for grabbing food on the way home and made a garlic bread (reduced to 10p) a packet of cheese and onion rolls (rediced to 10p) and a handful of fries for the kids i found which also cost about 10p lol, then the kids didn't want dinner so i made me and hubby hotdogs (buns reduced to 9p, sausages 50p, and half a lidl veg red onion 5p) and chips 20p total food for sat (altho very u...nhealthy) £1.83

yesterday we had more hotdogs for breakfast to use the baps and abit of bread that was reduced to 19p, 60p sausages and bread 4p, lunch at inlaws, kids wanted cereal for dinner so 30p and we had heinz soup 33p and cheese sandwichs 25p total for sunday £1.52

Food today is going to be
    b-kids had toast 4p, i'm gonna have toast and scambled egg in a sec 12p (still have some half price eggs and reduced bread)
    l-leftover chinese from the freezer for me, cheese sandwichs for jack 13p
    d- sheperds pie, mince reduced to 60p, mash from sack 30p, cheese from freezer 20p onion 10p mixed veg 10p, gravy 5p=£1.35

total for today is £1.64 :)

Sent hubby to the shop for milk and bread he got spars basic bread at 75p and it's so much nicer than the supermarket basic bread, he spent a total of £1.83 i'm on a strict budget for shopping of £40 and i owe the school £4 today which i'll send later.I need to keep on track writing things down and using things up so i'm going to be back pestering you lot most days.

To do list for this week

-get on top of all the washing and ironing
    -give the bathroom a really good scrub
    -check for surveys
    -set up shop and scan
    -only carry cash and only as much as i need
    -do not eat out
    -stick to the mean plan
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Forumite
    Hubby finally got paid some of the money we was owed along with tax credits and some other money i've shifted about my savings are now sat at £8102.61 :)

I have (had) £40 in my purse for the months shopping, from it i took the £1.83 for the shopping and £4 for the kids snack money, so £5.83 spent so far, sig is all up to date, could be better but not too bad :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Forumite
    Good afternoon everyone, today is a NSD :) i'm hiding from the rain, we did make a snowman before it started tho.

Foodwise today
    b-cereal 30p and orange 15p
    l-cheese on toast 25p
    d-chicken breasts in tom and cheese sauce x2 i got reduced to 10p each, with mash 30p and broclli 20p= 70

food total today £1.10 thats gotta be my best day yet :) i might do soem popcorn and a dvd afternoon as the rain just started if i do that will cost 25p aswell.

Will do a few survbeys and some cleaning today.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • quintwins
    Forumite
    Good morning everyone (where are you all hiding?)

MY lovely hubby takes wee notions, so he's decided he's going to eat less and insisting i dish his dinner up on a side plate, that he will exercise more and that he's going to take vitamins, so in the interest of humoring him and he could do with becoming healthier) we spent £4.32 on vitamins. Other than that no more spends yet, current spends stand at £10.15.

b- 3 x special k 15p, 3 eggs 15p 3 toast 10p, butter 15p=55p
    l-noodles 10p, handful of sweetcorn 10p, cheese 20p=50p
    d- sausage casarole and mash, i have no idea how to cost this as i made it when my freezer defrosted and i have no idea what sausages i used but assuming the most expensive £2.10

total today £3.15

Todays to do list

-give bathroom a real good scrub
    -tidy up outside, put logs and coal away and general tody DONE
    -dry washing on the line or indoors and don't use drier DONE
    - check surveys
    - set up shop and scan
    - have a nsd
    -food from stores
    - find last elec meter reading and withdraw money to pay new bill
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • I keep forgetting to take my vitamins,i really must do better.:(
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • gc_bus
    gc_bus Posts: 81 Forumite
    Wow quintwins - just been reading your postings - you are really, really dedicated to this - it's great - I wish you so well in your quest. We can all learn a lot here. :-)
  • quintwins
    Forumite
    I keep forgetting to take my vitamins,i really must do better.:(

I'm sure he'll forget aswell but who am i to say your not allowed to get healthy because you might fail, he's a very determined person but he likes his food too much to stick at dieting.
    gc_bus wrote: »
    Wow quintwins - just been reading your postings - you are really, really dedicated to this - it's great - I wish you so well in your quest. We can all learn a lot here. :-)

Thank you, i could prob be abit more dedicated but you only live once :)

Ok elec bill is £192 thats for a quarter tho so not too bad, but a good £20 more than the ones before it, but i've been using teh drier alot so expected that.

Oh did i mention i'm going away for the weekend next weekend? to a fancy hotel, breakfast and 2 4 course meals on both nighst are included, def not frugal but it was cheap and we all deserve a treat (and some couple time rather than mummy and daddy time) from time to time, generally we go away on a wee hotel break once a year-18 months, sometimes we even bring the kids :rotfl:
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family