NST February A FOREST ADVENTURE

Options

Comments

• Lauralozzle
    Options
    Today will be NSD no. 2

Saturday we went food shopping. Signature to be updated, I can!!!8217;t find the receipt so will wait until it comes up on my phone app. Stupid me!

Yesterday I met up with my sister so another spend day at coffee shop. Got some new jeans, I fell over on Saturday and ripped mine, but they were spent using a voucher. Spends for coffee, a doughnut and tram fare. Within my weekly budget there so that!!!8217;s okay.

Working from home today which is why today will be a NSD. I really need the rest of the week to be NSD also to build them up. :)
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just catching up on reading this thread.

Apple - sorry to hear about you losing that much money how annoying. Will gladly play along with fat busting competition for grandma's

Kat - Glad to see you back on here. Still jealous of your Seattle trip Ok I have watched much to much Grey's Anatomy.

Lauralozzle - hope you weren't injured in your fall and no one saw you take a tumble.

Right back to the grindstone lunch over.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD 3 today!

All pitfalls and man traps avoided.

It is cold though.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Up to 3 NSDs. Weekly shop done so should build up a few more NSDs now.

Exercise done daily so far. Healthy eating going well but still need to drink more water.

Ombudsman complaint done and posted.
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    apple muncher - Thank you. Am really pleased with all the sorting out of things in the flat the past few months.
    Thanks for the comments regarding going back to work. It was a tough day as it was the school I was working in when my Mum had the fall. Brought back some emotions. They have been supportive and hopefully I will feel better as time goes by. I work in the front office, so time does go by quickly.
    NSD - 3/18.
    Brought my own lunch into work.
    Walked from the bus stop near work and back after work which is about 10 minutes each way. Then this evening got off quite a few bus stops earlier so about another 15 minutes.
    Grateful for:
    Getting support in work.
    Self care.
    Having a chilled out evening.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 February 2018 at 10:42PM
    Options
    Great to hear that going back to work was ok for you Kerry Woman :)

I am on NSD 3 today. I needed bread, but made a loaf using flour etc that I already had, as opposed to buying one :)

I will have to spend tomorrow though, as I am running out of washing up liquid. Although... I have some shopping vouchers from a survey which I could use instead of cash. Does it count as a NSD if you buy something, but use vouchers to pay for it??
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    Great to hear that going back to work was ok for your Kerry Woman :)

I am on NSD 3 today. I needed bread, but made a loaf using flour etc that I already had, as opposed to buying one :)

I will have to spend tomorrow though, as I am running out of washing up liquid. Although... I have some shopping vouchers from a survey which I could use instead of cash. Does it count as a NSD if you buy something, but use vouchers to pay for it??

So long as no money changes hands, then you can keep your NSD.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Good Evening Turtles... NSD 3 in the bag. Gym session 2 in the bag for the week. Back in early tomorrow for cardio.

Calling14 - nice to see you again. Where do you suggest I visit in Seattle? I have a list of things from my friend but do you have ideas?

I have decided to up my savings per week to a well rounded amount that I am not going to print because my mother watches this thread and has done since I stopped doing them and will know all my business...hahaha!. This will be tough - saving the money that is, not keeping mother in the dark.

I've removed my CC from Amazon and haven't spent any of my weekly allowance yet. I'd like it to stay where it is until Friday (weekly payday) to allow myself to get ahead instead of chasing my tail.

Other than that life is simple; work, eat, gym, sleep, repeat.
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a relaxed journey to work, for headspace, for a good day, for my hat and gloves, for the French theatre company being really good this afternoon, for a lift to the bus stop from a lovely colleague, for a good line management meeting, for dh making a delicious shepherd's pie.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 770 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DawnW I wouldn't have thought so.

managed my NSD, some lovely lady gave me her parking ticket & the kids did get some sweets but hub paid. as a rule I only count money he spends from the main bigger budget not money that is just his (bdays extra jobs he does etc) though I guess its a grey area. Either way we had a lovely day.

I am really trying to make the most of things we already have, I started last month to read my kids books we haven't read before & I have contined this. each night I choose one & they choose the other. using existing tickets to go to the aquarium is part of that. money is tight at the moment but there is no reason we can't make the most of things.

I downloaded a diet app to count my calories, I have been running/ exercising & it doesn't seem to be making a huge difference, although I do feel better in myself. I am hoping tracking what I eat more specifically rather than guessing will help! I usually do slimming world but while I have a budget of 200 per month to live off Im not sure I can justify the cost so Im hoping some old fashioned calorie counting and moving my butt will work :)

filled my car up & came in £8 under budget so moved another 10 pounds into savings. budgets now;
    1060 emergency fund
    700 Paris spends
    100 xmas 18
    115 spends

hope everyone has had a lovely start to the week. hugs to all that need them xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure