iPhone X deal

Options

Comments

• glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Do you have proof that they won't support it? I really doubt Apple would drop support so quickly, they have never done it on any of their previous iOS devices. They run their natural course over a number of years.
    T9090H wrote: »
    Why would apples flagship phone be unsupported inside two years? Sorry but that comment is completely untrue, they still support the iPhone 6 Plus on the latest IOS.

The announced a few days ago they were dropping it, as you say hasn’t been done before that’s why it’s news
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The announced a few days ago they were dropping it, as you say hasn’t been done before that’s why it’s news

Apple have said nothing.

You're listening to the rumour mill.

The phone will be supported no matter if its discontinued or kept around after the release of the new phones in September or October.

No one knows what their portfolio line up will be this Autumn.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you want one, it appears to be a competitive price in total. But don't kid yourself that you need one.
    You are correct in that Apple products do hold their value better than other brands, but that alone does not make it a good deal compared to your other options.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

No, the rumours were that it would be discontinued in September, that doesn’t mean it won’t be supported.

I don’t think you quite understand the difference between the 2 terms.
    ====
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    You don't say over how long - 24 months?

That would be £1141.75 - and the 256Gb X retails for £1149.

On the face of it, if you really want an iPhone X and need lots of data, calls and texts then it seems a good price.

A 256Gb X would be £47.88 if purchased outright and paid for equally over 24 months. Which wouldn't include airtime.

EE use RPI to increase/decrease their tariffs every year so I wouldn't be surprised if the OP ends up paying close to the original handset price by the time he/she reaches his/her minimum term.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • cookie365
    cookie365 Posts: 1,809 Forumite
    Options
    It's a good deal if you're daft enough to value the phone at the preposterous sim only price.

You need to figure out your own value to you of the phone to decide if the whole package is worth it.

Looking at the rest of the market I'd value it at actually more along the lines of about £450.
  • T9090H
    T9090H Posts: 37 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Update:

Been offered the same plan for £32.9, think I should go with it?
  • Britnall7700
    Options
    The price is going down all the time :)

You'll always get people saying no it's not a good deal. What's it worth to you? Can you afford it?

Personally if I could get a sub-£30/month deal on an iPhone X I would probably take it. That would be about £20 a month on the phone cost - if the Mobile operator wants to pick up the bill for the rest i'm happy with that.
  • Peco141
    Peco141 Posts: 319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    T9090H wrote: »
    Hi,

Existing customer with EE and just been offered this deal from retentions, is this good or not?

iPhone X 256GB
    £37.99 per month
    £229.99 upfront
    100GB data per month, unlimited calls and texts.

I’ve been trying to get a good retention’s deal from EE as well.

iPhone X 64GB
    £48 per month
    £170 upfront
    4GB data per month, unlimited calls and texts.

Ive rejected this because I’m looking for more than 4GB data. This deal you were offered seems unbelievably good. In fact no provider I’ve spoke to over the last couple of days can come close to the deal you’ve mentioned in this thread.

What surprises me is folk on here don’t seem to be amazed at you being quoted this deal!! I’m slightly perplexed!

Is it because the phone is being discontinued??
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Peco141 wrote: »
    I’ve been trying to get a good retention’s deal from EE as well.

iPhone X 64GB
    £48 per month
    £170 upfront
    4GB data per month, unlimited calls and texts.

Ive rejected this because I’m looking for more than 4GB data. This deal you were offered seems unbelievably good. In fact no provider I’ve spoke to over the last couple of days can come close to the deal you’ve mentioned in this thread.

What surprises me is folk on here don’t seem to be amazed at you being quoted this deal!! I’m slightly perplexed!

Is it because the phone is being discontinued??

I am a great believer in people spending their money on whatever they want as its their hard earn cash. However I will tell people when not to buy something when they have not really given a good reason why they want the device in the first place.

Right now I don't think you should part with any money on this phone because for whatever reason you think the rumour mill of the phone being discontinued is somehow a sign that there is something wrong with the phone.

That does not give me confidence that you know what you want and what you know of Apple products. It seems like your basing everything on the data and monthly payment plan and trying to get the phone cheaper just for the sake that its cheaper.

Maybe if you can give a reason or reasons why you want the phone then maybe I can reassure you regarding the phone as I have the iPhone X myself.

Also when you see rumours of phone being discontinued what exactly do you think that means?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure