Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• malky39
    malky39 Posts: 700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Well my sky tv went off today called up to see what they could do 50% for 18 months on a 18 month contract. No sign of any bill credit or 30 day rolling contract. Will hold out for the 60% they offered when I originally cancelled
  • So the pain of the contract ending is now approaching. After a battle with the telephone operator last year, I found the online offer to be 50% and the TV interactive offer to be even better at 60% off. Do these kind of offers still exist if the pain of the haggling conversation fails?
  • Mr_blibby
    Mr_blibby Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 December 2017 at 8:30PM
    The only place I've seen 60% is for a few selected (dont know on what basis) customers who received a letter in September time giving them a 12 month extension of whatever deal they were on without renewal - otherwise 50% seems to be the max without ending the service. Sky have been a real PITA to talk to this time.....
  • Liberty1577
    Liberty1577 Posts: 81 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2017 at 10:15PM
    Ok so after putting in my notice last month I had multiple daily phone calls from sky which I ignored. Today my TV went off. I went on live chat this evening and was initially offered 50% off. after turning this down and quoting a few figures I was offered 60% off with a £25 credit. I pushed really hard for better, asked them to continue my 75% discount from last year or to increase the amount of credit, but he was adamant he couldn't offer more. In total £30.20 for box sets sports (not HD) and cinema. In the end I accepted but dropped sports (as its not rugby season, might add it again next year) So £22.40 for box sets and cinema.

The offer is for 12 months, he said it's suppose to be an 18 month contract but dropped it to 12 months without me asking. I tried for a rolling contract as that's what I've had previous years, but he said he couldn't do it. Even said I'd leave it and he was willing to let me walk away. In the end it wasn't a deal breaker for me as I probably wouldn't leave anyway whilst on a discount.

He didn't even mention the one off £10 admin fee but I later noticed it had been charged on my account but a credit of £10 had been added.

So looks like 60% and £25 credit really is the best offer at the moment.
  • headpin
    headpin Posts: 780 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Is Live Chat available on an iPad? If so how as I admit defeat trying to find it.
  • Liberty1577
    Liberty1577 Posts: 81 Forumite
    edited 6 December 2017 at 8:03AM
    headpin wrote: »
    Is Live Chat available on an iPad? If so how as I admit defeat trying to find it.

Yes it is I use an iPad. This is the cancel sky tv link. For anything else it's under the contact us section on the sky home page.
    https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-tv/cancel-sky-tv
  • I’ve just been in touch with the chat team, I was told the best and only offer would be 40% off sky original bundle only for 18 months, to that I said no thank you.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    I’ve just been in touch with the chat team, I was told the best and only offer would be 40% off sky original bundle only for 18 months, to that I said no thank you.

the more of us that refuse these rubbish retention deals the better the offers will be when they realise their numbers are down.
  • malky39
    malky39 Posts: 700 Forumite
    Ok so after putting in my notice last month I had multiple daily phone calls from sky which I ignored. Today my TV went off. I went on live chat this evening and was initially offered 50% off. after turning this down and quoting a few figures I was offered 60% off with a £25 credit. I pushed really hard for better, asked them to continue my 75% discount from last year or to increase the amount of credit, but he was adamant he couldn't offer more. In total £30.20 for box sets sports (not HD) and cinema. In the end I accepted but dropped sports (as its not rugby season, might add it again next year) So £22.40 for box sets and cinema.

The offer is for 12 months, he said it's suppose to be an 18 month contract but dropped it to 12 months without me asking. I tried for a rolling contract as that's what I've had previous years, but he said he couldn't do it. Even said I'd leave it and he was willing to let me walk away. In the end it wasn't a deal breaker for me as I probably wouldn't leave anyway whilst on a discount.

He didn't even mention the one off £10 admin fee but I later noticed it had been charged on my account but a credit of £10 had been added.

So looks like 60% and £25 credit really is the best offer at the moment.

Good to see 60% is still there, will have a go at live chat tomorrow
  • downshifter98
    downshifter98 Posts: 383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 December 2017 at 1:24AM
    one month without Sky now - household seems to be adapting - we have Netflix plus a Now TV account (and 2 cheap boxes) - the boxes included a total of 6 months of Sky movies. As more and more tv becomes on demand (we are discovering how good iplayer, ITV hub etc are) I'm thinking that the days of paying £40 - £80 per month for lots of channels (and adverts) we don't watch is becoming out of date - funny that now there is a real and cheaper alternative Sky has stopped their best offers (which I've made the most of for the past 10-odd years). Also added a half price BT sport offer (via Plusnet) which is keeping our sport mad son quiet (for now). Total monthly spend is now about £14 and more TV than you can shake a stick at - Sky needs to change and fast.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback