Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Comments

• also the figures seemed correct for me even after the VAT, disbursments etc.

€600
    -€25 admin fee
    €575

€575 into £
    = £454.42

£454.42 - 27% Fees
    = £346.15

What I (and 7 others in family all) received was
    £342.63

So not far out considering I just used a generic exchange rate website :)
  • kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I worked mine out and it was all correct... If you have received your email from Bott they state that the disbursements are claimed from the airline.

Heres what they said on mine:-

"*This is not a deduction from your compensation. This is a court fee Bott & Co paid on your behalf which the airline have paid back."

Well out of £437 they say i was entitled to they have taken off £50disbursements , £27 vat, £118 (27%) and £18 (25 euros), leaving in round figures £225, do you think that's wrong?
  • dunkertruck
    dunkertruck Posts: 43 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2016 at 9:10PM
    what was your Euro compensation amount Kuepper? As in before any 27%, etc...
  • kuepper
    what was your Euro compensation amount Kuepper? As in before any 27%, etc...

600 euros for 5 hour delay
  • kuepper
    Sorry that should have been 400 euros, bott have clarified everything to my satisfaction
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    I'm not liking Bott at all. I'm not sure they know what the word "communication" means.

Rather than go on a rant about them while my claim with them is ongoing, I have a question. I have a second claim that was rejected by a second airline, for a 9 hr delay to the States. It is within the Regulation, but I really can't be bothered to keep fighting especially as I am still actively fighting with Thomson. I'm finding Bott to be absolutely awful, so my question: does anyone have another law firm they'd recommend?
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 February 2016 at 5:50PM
    Remember Bott & Co are dealing with thousands upon thousands of claims the reason being that they are trusted and have fought these cases through the courts and are considered experts. I use them and agree that they can at times be bad at communicating with the clients. Don't let the hassle stop you from starting a second claim on your own. There is help on the site and it is much easier now as court cases have been settled and the law has been clarified. Having said that if i was in your position I wouldn't hesitate to give it to Bott.
  • had a five hour delay from Spain last August with Thomson,told it was technical so thought it would be a no hassle claim through Resolver,unfortunately Thomson just completely ignored any emails from the resolver website so signed up with Bott in December 2015,filled out all the online forms and agreements and received a e-mail saying they would proceed with my claim.They did point out that there could be long periods with no updates as they were reliant on the airlines responding,heard nothing until about 6 weeks ago to say Thomson were going through all claims submitted by Botts and they would be contacting as soon as possible,received an e-mail today to say Thomson had accepted my claim and I would receive my payment in the next few weeks,well worth the 125 euro fee for the hassle free claim.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,935 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 February 2016 at 10:20PM
    Just had payout from Bott.

Had tried to claim myself but EasyJ rejected my claim. handed it over to Bott at the end of last year and 8 weeks later payment in my account:

Total Amount Received £453.48

LESS
    Our Charges:
    27% Deduction (less VAT) £102.03
    €25 Admin Fee per Passenger (less VAT) £15.75 £117.78
    VAT £23.56 £141.34

Amount due to you is £312.14

Flight delay was 3.5 hours, 3,500+ km, EU to non-EU so was only expecting £230!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • dunkertruck
    dunkertruck Posts: 43 Forumite
    edited 28 February 2016 at 10:07PM
    kuepper wrote: »
    Sorry that should have been 400 euros, bott have clarified everything to my satisfaction

Yeah that would fit in with my basic calculations... their final statements are not too explanatory but it does work out as 27% plus €25

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport