PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 20 March 2017

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,
    Happy Ostara
    Never heard of it.:D

Waiting for a break in the rain so i can nip down the chemist and get my medication. It was due to be delivered last week but i was at the caravan. Its no hassle collecting it. The only reason i have it delivered is because if i go and collect it, half the time i have to go twice as they dont have all the medication in stock. Its easier done this way. I wont be very happy if i have to go down twice as its been 2 weeks since it was ordered.

Hubby didnt want to go to work today. He didnt say but he was tossing and turning in his sleep. I think its the drive more than anything, he's having to do over 100 miles a day on top of a full shift.

Just stuff to do in the house today. Nothing major, the house didnt get used much whilst we were away as 'Youngest' was at work for most of it.

I'm a tad annoyed at Prodigal. His Dad gave him some money to tide him over whilst we were away last week. He spent some of it on a second hand phone. He'd already got one that his brother gave him. Ok it wasnt very modern but it worked. I havent told hubby he'd be furious! He's bound to turn up later for food. I really ought to mention it but at the moment he is quite open with me and i dont want him to start being secretive. I'll have to think.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Where has that year gone Gers ,thinking of you honey have a peaceful day if possible.xx
    Good Morning chums I have to take my car into the local cleaning place to get rid of all the accumulated road grime from the winter .The young lads there do a smashing job bless them and ar such hard workers.
    Then at lunchtime I shall go to Dds as my gardener is coming to fix a new gate post up for her.But before that I want to do a bit of baking for the boys as the cake tins need filling :)

Its dry at the moment but quite cloudy and the sun seems to have pushed off somewhere else this morning :)
    Day 20 of Love Food, Hate Waste and all is ticking along nicely Enough stuff to keep me out of the shops until Wednesday when I will need a few things ,but nothing I can't do without until then.

Hope you all have a good week and the sun comes back and shines down on you all

JackieO xx
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all
    DD2 came home for her belated 21st family time we had a lovely meal at a local pub and some girly time at Lakeside shopping yesterday i always try to spoil her as we dont see her very often
    Need to get on with the cleaning and then when i drop DD2 off at the station i will do the shopping
    Dinner tonight chicken kiev and veg
    Have a great day whatever you are up to
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    We had another busy weekend which went by in a flash. The study is now empty of the two settees which went to DS and DD respectively. DH has built the furniture and it just needs DD to organise a firm to collect the piano to take down to hers but I'm not holding my breath.

There's a white cat clambering along the fence, it used to do that when we had the dog but usually now just strolls across the garden!

Sorry, I'm rambling, I'd better go we've no milk in the house so I need to go and do the weekly shop at Lidl.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry, I'm rambling, I'd better go we've no milk in the house so I need to go and do the weekly shop at Lidl.
    Love the chocolate cereal from Lidl....Yeah i'm rambling too.:o
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Early April showers here this morning, one minute pouring down, the next bright sunshine, we day forecast so a quick visit to garden centre where I have a voucher for 2 free drinks and reward voucher for a whole £1.49, expect we will spend it against a purchase of cake:D

Appointment at surgery after lunch for 8 weekly jab, so will do a quick scoot around town and hopefully do a CS drop, could do with shuffling some money around to try to get to bank before it closes for the day.

Virtual hugs on the way for those poorly or suffering loss.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • newroadahead
    newroadahead Posts: 1,184 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Hello All
    We are currently in Norfolk as DSM funeral later
    DH been sent to local barbers for hair trim
    Had breakfast with Dad and DH this morning at hotel as I think it's going to be a long day We are going to stay tonight
    Hope everyone is keeping well
    Thinking of your Gers
    Take care all
    NRA xxx
    NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014January GC £ 245.75/£250NSD January 13/10February GC £250.00NSD February 2/15
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi NRA Hope today goes as peacfully as possible for you and your family Take care of yourself

JackieO x
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello all
    DH felt a little better this morning so decided to go to the R*nge to get some things for the DGC. The are coming for the day on Friday as it's training day so their school is closed. They have requested an Easter Egg hunt so needed stuff for that plus more crafting items, as one can never have enough sparkly stuff to play with :D. While we were there DH felt unwell so we had a coffee and a sit down, then spotted some fleece tops being reduced. Oops four tops, three for me and one for DH, just happened to fall into the basket:rotfl: (I shall put these away for our caravan holidays as they are lightweight and can be washed and dried easily)
    Well the sun has come out after it persistently raining this morning, so I'm off to put the recycling box out ready for the morning.
    Hugs to anyone who needs/wants one especially Gers and Newroadahead family
    Take care all
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Afternoon all

My feet hurt after what's felt like a very long/frustrating day.

They are now up on the sofa resting.... as am I.

I just did not want to get out of bed this morning, why do the weekends go so fast?

Gers and NRA hope your days went as well as can be.

Enjoy a restful evening all :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills