MSE News: Atom Bank to slash best-buy savings rate - act NOW to secure 2% 1-year fix

Comments

• rward69
    rward69 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Straightforward opening. Transferred £50 to check details which showed up in account balance in about 10 minutes or so.
  • No_Name
    No_Name Posts: 137 Forumite
    I may be a bit paranoid, but I would imagine the app is secure as anything and especially during the registration and application process.

Did everyone have to register all three security measures (code, face and voice ID) during applications, or could I have skipped face (which I may have missed)?

Looking at their FAQ, it apparently doesn't store a photo as such, but converted to 0s and 1s during application?
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    edited 10 March 2017 at 12:20PM
    it apparently doesn't store a photo as such, but converted to 0s and 1s during application?
    Well, yes, storing lots of pictures in a filing cabinet would be a problem these days!

Since the pictures will be digital as supplied (I assume!) then holding them as 0's and 1's would be simple!

Maybe what they really mean is that they dont actually store the picture itself but just the biometric data - distance between the eyes, from eyes to nose etc in the same way that passports etc work?
  • No_Name
    No_Name Posts: 137 Forumite
    greenglide wrote: »

Maybe what they really mean is that they dont actually store the picture itself but just the biometric data - distance between the eyes, from eyes to nose etc in the same way that passports etc work?

That's what I meant but not thinking straight in the morning!

Did people have to register all 3 methods of ID?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    No_Name wrote: »
    That's what I meant but not thinking straight in the morning!

Did people have to register all 3 methods of ID?

Yes. Two out of three is not an option as far as I can tell.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Yes. Two out of three is not an option as far as I can tell.

Well I haven't registered voice recognition.Just code & face and I've been able to open & fund my account:cool:
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I have been unable to log into my Atom account for days even though it worked previously. I am just glad I have no money in there.
  • Just been on the phone trying to reset my passcode, they are manically busy, apparently Martin Lewis was on TV talking about them, so added pressure.
    Promised to ring me back tonight.
    No worries.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    colsten wrote: »
    I have been unable to log into my Atom account for days even though it worked previously. I am just glad I have no money in there.

Just logged into mine ok.

Face recognition didn't work, and I do feel daft blinking repeatedly at myself, not being one of the selfie generation:p, but passcode got me in.
  • Carolinemjs
    Carolinemjs Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    colsten wrote: »

Are you within the time frame for depositing money? You didn't say how many days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure