Disco Dolly V's Debt

Comments

• Hi Disco, pay day will be here before you know it. Yipee! :) Mine's not till Tuesday so in the meantime I'm hoping that my expenses land in the bank tomorrow so I can pay my car tax and stick some pennies in the motoring fund. Like you I'm also going to need a newer car at some point (mine will be 10 years old next year) so I'm currently trying to save all my mileage expenses and anything left over from my weekly petrol budget to get a newer one and hopefully pay for it outright in cash :) Well done on getting three NSD's in a row :T
    If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney
  • BettyBones wrote: »
    Hi Disco, pay day will be here before you know it. Yipee! :) Mine's not till Tuesday so in the meantime I'm hoping that my expenses land in the bank tomorrow so I can pay my car tax and stick some pennies in the motoring fund. Like you I'm also going to need a newer car at some point (mine will be 10 years old next year) so I'm currently trying to save all my mileage expenses and anything left over from my weekly petrol budget to get a newer one and hopefully pay for it outright in cash :) Well done on getting three NSD's in a row :T

Thanks BettyBones, I live for payday LOL. My car is 2002 model so 15 years old this year, eek! Thank God I have no trouble with it lately and it passed the MOT last September with no issues but I really need to think about upgrading, I'm hoping it lasts until I clear this old debt. I'd love to be able to save for a newer car then but I'll most likely have to take out a loan and then I'll be back to debt-busting again :o The NSD's really make the difference, I'm like a miser lately :rotfl:
    LBM Jan 2014: €21,746.34
    Total Dec 2017: €0.00
    (Debt Free 29th Dec 2017)
  • Morning all,

Well its finally payday, I have made payments to both debts and signature is updated. New Debt total is €8,051.90, I am going to try and find €52 in my budget somewhere to see if I can get the debt total below €8,000, hopefully I can scrimp somewhere to make that happen!

Next payday should be my yearly bonus and hopefully I will have in the region of €2,000 to put off my debt. We still haven't been told what the exact figure is yet for payrise or bonus so hopefully my estimations are close enough. Either way its all going off debt anyway! Still debating using my savings to clear the loan in full but sort of leaning towards keeping it there and plugging away at the debt. It would bring my DFD from June to August but I would have €2k in savings at that point so its all the same really!

Looking forward to finishing work today, its been a long week!

Happy Friday to you all :beer:
  • Disco_Dolly
    Disco_Dolly Posts: 196
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi DFW's,

Crazy busy in work this week so haven't had a chance to post.
    I can't believe its March already! Monthly update on debt below:

01 Jan - €9,092.38
    01 Feb - €8,570.04
    01 Mar - €8,051.90

I'm happy with progress this month, its great seeing that figure going down. So its just over €1,040 paid in 2 months, not too bad as January was a bad month.

I should be in a much better position when I do the next monthly update. Payrise & bonus will have come through by then, I can't wait. And I'm hoping to up my monthly payments after that as I have made a few changes to my budget and can cut back in a few places. I'm still hoping to be debt free by end of June or alternatively end of August if I don't use the €2,000 I have in savings.

Trying to clock up some NSD's but not working so far this payday, I've spent money every day since I was paid last Friday!
  • BettyBones
    BettyBones Posts: 164 Forumite
    You're doing fab Disco! I know what you mean about NSD's. I'm literally not leaving the house at the moment as I don't want to be tempted to spend anything anywhere. I too feel like a complete miser :rotfl:
    If you can dream it, you can do it - Walt Disney
  • Disco_Dolly
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    BettyBones wrote: »
    You're doing fab Disco! I know what you mean about NSD's. I'm literally not leaving the house at the moment as I don't want to be tempted to spend anything anywhere. I too feel like a complete miser :rotfl:

I intend to do the same this weekend, DD is in her dads house and I have enough food in the house so shouldnt need to buy anything so I am not leaving the house! I'm hoping to fill my time decluttering, I really need to tackle my bedroom but I say that to myself every weekend and just never get started LOL. I wonder if we'll get the same buzz for saving as we have for debt-busting and be misers forever:rotfl:
  • Disco_Dolly
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi DFW's,

I'm failing at diary updates lately!

Only real update is I got paid on Friday and made debt repayments and updated my signature. My debt now stands at €7,867.35, so finally below €8,000 :j

Not much else to report really, my next payday will be my bonus. I still dont know the actual amount I am getting but guessing based on the last few years. So I should be down to one debt soon.

Had a very quiet weekend but it absolutely flew by, I can't believe its Sunday evening already.

Hope you all had a nice weekend :beer:
  • Disco_Dolly
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Good evening DFW's,

Today is payday & bonus day so I've been able to put my plan in action and can now say I am down to one debt! I cleared my loan using my bonus and savings tied to the loan. And I have also paid €200 off the credit card. So my new debt total is €3,600 :j:j

I'm absolutely thrilled to make such a big debt repayment this month. I was just reading back to my first few posts and the original DFD was May 2017, I might not be too far past that date after all. Mind you my savings have taken a huge dent now and I plan to start again when I get debt free, I want to use that account to start DD's college fund properly. I have just one credit card now with €3600 balance, the 0% offer finished this month so I will be paying interest from now on so the pressure is on to clear it as quickly as I can.

I'm 83% of the way there and finally below €4,000, not a bad days work!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, I'm off to update my signature :D
  • Disco_Dolly
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Hi DFW's,

Happy Mothers Day to all the mums out there. I had a lovely day with my mam and DD, we went out for lunch and then some retail therapy. So I had a bit of a spendy day today. DD got me lovely presents and I really enjoyed the day.

On the debt front, I am so happy to be down to one debt now. I cant believe this time last year I had 4 debts, the snowball method really works. It seems never-ending at the start but you can really see it working as the debts get cleared one by one. I am feeling really positive about it now, I can see the end in sight, I'm determined to get there as soon as I can.

Hope you all had a lovely day!
  • Disco_Dolly
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Monthly update below:

01 Jan - €9,092.38
    01 Feb - €8,570.04
    01 Mar - €8,051.90
    01 Apr - €3,600.00

I'm so happy with that update, huge progress this year for first 3 months thanks to work bonus and savings against loan. I just have to keep the momentum going now, the end is in sight! I hope to be finishing this year with no debt and loads of savings :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills