Making cards - Ideas (part 5)

Comments

• Quick post from me, my bank blocked my card last year as I withdrew money from UK and US on the same day, took a while to work out when we were in Belize that they had done it, mine and OH card too!

Off to pick OH up to drive him to dentist as he has to have a tooth out, good job I have some soup left over from my trip yesterday
  • My daughter used her bank card in a travel shop on a saturday afternoon, then straight after got a call saying they had cancelled her card because of suspected fraud:eek: They said they would send another card out within five days, but when she asked how was she supposed to withdraw money to get to work on the monday, he said ' I am sorry Miss **** but that is not my problem' :eek:

If anyone is looking for Hello Kitty I have come across these

Happy birthday npsmama
  • Lyndach
    Lyndach Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I wish my bank blocked my card! I used it in France last Sunday to buy 10 euros worth of petrol and it's costing me £110! As that's what the petrol station is asking for and the bank is giving them.
    GC July: £0/£120
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought something from ebay and ticked the donate £1 to the Pakistan flood relief and my bank blocked my account for suspected fraud (really embarassing cos I only discovered when I tried to use my card for my weekly shop :eek:). They unblocked it after a long phone call, something to do with people put through small amounts so they can get your details without you noticing so they automatically check for small transactions and put the account on hold.
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This is one for Craftygranny does she beat your stamp collection or are you winning? :D
  • ali.b.123
    ali.b.123 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Afternoon ladies, ooh a nice shiny:cool: new thread!!

Flourgirl - hope you had a good shop - did you go to the bag shop as well???
    elysia - so sorry for your daughter - hope she is not too upset ((hugs))
    NPSMAMA - HAPPY BIRTHDAY

apologies if missed anyone - just quickly sorting boys tea out before the youngest goes to gymnastics - hope to be back later. Dont know where the time is going at the moment xx
  • PepPop wrote: »
    This is one for Craftygranny does she beat your stamp collection or are you winning? :D

just shown my o/h and he said it 's a close call but if she has no unmounted ones and i can count them i win as i have err several big baskets full now.

happy birthday nps mama thought it was the 29th today sorry.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    just shown my o/h and he said it 's a close call but if she has no unmounted ones and i can count them i win as i have err several big baskets full now.
    Ooh, have you got picture of your stash?
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    ali.b.123 wrote: »
    Afternoon ladies, ooh a nice shiny:cool: new thread!!

Flourgirl - hope you had a good shop - did you go to the bag shop as well???
    elysia - so sorry for your daughter - hope she is not too upset ((hugs))
    NPSMAMA - HAPPY BIRTHDAY

apologies if missed anyone - just quickly sorting boys tea out before the youngest goes to gymnastics - hope to be back later. Dont know where the time is going at the moment xx

Had a lovely time in York, gorgeous fish & chips :D we walked round the walls in the lovely sunshine. Papermill shop was CARP!!! nipped into the bag shop and nothing jumped out at me, so no spends there!

Anyone know the cheapest place for Bazzill cardstock please

elysia sorry about your DD test, hopefully next time. 3rd time for me :o mind you that was 27 years ago!

Happy Birthday Npsmama xx
  • Addams
    Addams Posts: 881 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Happy Birthday Npsmama. Hope you had a good day.
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport