Solid Free Diet Suggestions

Options
For the foreseeable future I have to refrain from eating all solids and wonder if any members can come up with some suggestions for a solid-free diet. One drawback is that I cannot eat cheese in any shape or form and another is that my liquid diet is also :beer: free.
Abandoned

Comments

• heartbreak_star
    Options
    This sounds a bit worrying!

Anyway, smoothies? Well-blended soups?

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    Mushy peas and blitzed in a blender, add some salt, vinegar and Mint sauce for taste.

Passata sauce (smooth blended) tomato with basil and tyme.

Corned beef hash blended into a smooth paste form all the taste yet no lumps if blitzed well.

Dessert Banana and raspberry (or strawberry) blended in with yogurt.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Presumably that's on medical advice? Did they not advise or prescribe anything?
  • Placitasgirl
    Placitasgirl Posts: 389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 August 2017 at 6:13PM
    Options
    Hopefully you're you under the care of a nutritionist or dietician who can guide you with this regime?

If you must refrain only from all solids (and can easily exclude cheese) then could you not prepare a regular balanced meal and liquidise/blend it, adding a little stock or water if it's a bit thick as you would when weaning infants? Fruit smoothies, vegetable purees (very trendy and cheffy at the moment!) and vegetable juices could also add some variety. Soups are always a great idea and most can be pureed with great success.

Some of the online ready meal services who cater for special needs offer pureed complete meals like these which might offer some inspiration; all are pureed and shaped to look like the foods used: https://www.wiltshirefarmfoods.com/ready-meals/puree-classic
  • abandonded
    abandonded Posts: 305 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    .......smoothies? Well-blended soups? HBS x

Smoothies sounds good! Tried blending soups but there always seems to be a tiny bit of solids that escapes the blending and ends up choking me.
    Abandoned
  • abandonded
    Options
    MUSHY PEAS and blitzed in a blender, add some salt, vinegar and MINT SAUCE for taste.

Passata sauce (smooth blended) TOMATO with basil and tyme.

CORNED BEEF hash blended into a smooth paste form all the taste yet no lumps if blitzed well.

Dessert Banana and RASPBERRY (or strawberry) blended in with yogurt.

Have tried all the things I've capitalised, and these give me great problems. The others I will most certainly try.
    Abandoned
  • abandonded
    Options
    1. Presumably that's on medical advice?

2. Did they not advise or prescribe anything?

1. It was the advice given by radiology when during a barium swallow X-ray, they had to stop because the liquid passed into my lungs instead of the stomach.
    2. Avoid solids at all costs because of pneumonia risk.
    Abandoned
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    abandonded wrote: »
    1. It was the advice given by radiology when during a barium swallow X-ray, they had to stop because the liquid passed into my lungs instead of the stomach.
    2. Avoid solids at all costs because of pneumonia risk.

Have you seen your GP since this though?

Medical and or dieticians input is needed.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • abandonded
    Options
    1. Hopefully you're you under the care of a nutritionist or dietician who can guide you with this regime?

2. If you must refrain only from all solids (and can easily exclude cheese) then could you not prepare a regular balanced meal and liquidise/blend it, adding a little stock or water if it's a bit thick as you would when weaning infants?

Fruit smoothies, vegetable purees (very trendy and cheffy at the moment!) and vegetable juices could also add some variety. Soups are always a great idea and most can be pureed with great success.

3. Some of the online ready meal services who cater for special needs offer pureed complete meals like these which might offer some inspiration; all are pureed and shaped to look like the foods used: https://www.wiltshirefarmfoods.com/ready-meals/puree-classic

1. I'm not but will be, (I hope) after seeing my consultant at the end of next week.
    2. My liquidising, particularly with soups, never seems to remove the tiny particles that cause me to choke or to go into fits of coughing. That said, the smoothies and fruit juices I will most certainly try.
    3. The online ready meal services I will also give some thought to.
    Abandoned
  • abandonded
    Options
    1. Have you seen your GP since this though?

2. Medical and or dieticians input is needed.

1. No. Only found out on Friday past. GP referred me to maxiofacial where I got a camera up my nose. Nothing was found so I was referred to endoscopy where they couldn't get the camera down. Then to the barium swallow which they had to stop immediately.
    2. I know.
    Abandoned
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family