PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

'supporting each other through really tough times'

Comments

• Morning all!

Weekend finally!

I want to have a really good tidy up today and then organise all the stuff I need to do for Christmas. I will have to make some lists!

Plus I want to reread all the comments on the useful skills thread to figure out which ones I really need to work on. I don't think I have many of them at all!

If I could just get rid of this cough I would feel much more like doing anything. Cough, cough, cough.
  • Good morning all

Fuddle I have everything crossed for you, goodluck.

PIC I know how worrying it is when cats go missing. Our old cat went missing for three days once. Have no ideawhere she was but she came back unharmed.

missrlr I hope your OH's appeal goes well.

Off to visit my parents this morning followed by housework and hairdresser. My pyjama bottoms sewing pattern for my sewing class has arrived this morning so I need to cut out the pattern, pin it and then cut out the material. Sounds simple I know but looked very complicated when she demonstrated.

Hope you all have a good day, will pop in again later

Mrs VP
    I am playing all of the right notes just not necessarily in the right order :D.
  • Morning Toughies, mizzly drizzly day today so lots of indoor things to do.

FUDDLE - Everything crossed for you for the new house, hope it is what and where you want to be, let us know what you decide..

PIC - I would second ringing round local vets, a neighbours cat went missing twice in fairly close succession and both times had a minor accident and been taken to the vet by someone kind who'd found him. Also my youngest DD has cats and has recently had a call from a vet re one of them as he is a bit of a roamer and someone thought he was a stray and wanted to adopt him, even after she found his owners. DD was grateful to her for caring but asked her to stop feeding him as he belonged with his brother at her home.

DANETASTIC - Glad you found the books and hope you'll enjoy using the Indian one, the recipes really are delicious. DOCKY says HEWO to MISTY, Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • jem132
    jem132 Posts: 511 Forumite
    Morning all sorry iv been missing my Internet was broken it seams pooch tewed threw the phone line :mad: silly dog anyway all fixed baby gate erected so won't happen again.

Fuddle good luck on the house xx:j:j

It's so sunny hear today when dh gets home when eva that maybe we are off to comet they are selling lots of things off and a kitchen aid food mixer is on my xmas list I know we can't afford one so home they maybe one in the sale .
    I have dyslexia so I apologize for my spelling and grammar
  • My hand to join your healing circle Mar

weather stuff la PC
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357253/Hold-tight-for-roller-coaster-storms

Thanks for the tissue tips. Will be getting balm tissues into my winter store

Chemist direct arrived already, quicker than me going to buy the stuff. Very pleased

Fuddle go by your intuition, we all have it
  • Hi KITTIE - Hope you are feeling much better today, look after yourself, Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Gorgeous sunny frosty day here, I hung the sheets out in the hope that the breeze will dry them a wee bit. PITA neighbour over the road is playing with his chainsaw and I really want to go over there and use it on him :mad:
    Agree katieowl - it's not worth cooking a huge whole turkey just for the two of us, and annoying putting the big oven on for ages when it's not full. and can't really fill it full to make it worthwhile.
    Trifle, on the other hand, is different ! You can make a pailful of that because somehow, magically, it all gets eaten. ;)
    I wonder if this xmas will be a poor one in the shops or a record one. Maybe people get so fedup of doom & gloom and bad news that they will splash out in case it's the last chance they get?
  • missrlr
    missrlr Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Here is my hand for the circle, think if I don't give a bit of support I can't take a bit and I may need propping up sometime very soon!
    Start info Dec11 :eek:
    H@lifax [STRIKE]£13813.45[/STRIKE] paid Sep14 paid 23 months early :T
    Mortgage [STRIKE]£206400[/STRIKE] :eek: £199750 Mortgage £112500
    B@rclays £[STRIKE]25000[/STRIKE] paid 4 years 5 months early. S@ntander £[STRIKE]9300[/STRIKE] paid 2 years 2 months early
    2013 8lb lost 2014 need to lose 14lb. Lost 4 so far!;)
  • jumping in to offer a pair of hands to the healing circle :)
    not had time to post much recently.
    fuddle, hope the house works out
    i know there's a lot of other people i wanted to leave comments for, but i cant for the life of me remember who and what, sorry :(
    i am trying to keep up with the reading though so i dont get left too far behind x love to all x
    freecycler and skip diver extraordinnaire:cool:
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My fingers are crossed for your house Fuddle and for you PIC that your kittie is found shortly (and wonders what the fuss is all about as they nonchalantly wanders in).

I only cook a whole turkey if I get one drastically reduced after Christmas! We have a local deli here that sells home cooked turkey sliced, so I get 4 slices and that does us a turkey dinner.

Someone is jabbing me repeatedly with a hot poker, at least that's what it feels right around my ribs. So I'll just send a bit of love and head to bed.
    xx
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family