PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 7 October 2017

Options

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Well done Floss!
    I wouldn't go Lainey, these folk haven't shown you the support they should have. Time to move on.
    Hope OH is on the mend MM.
    Love to your Nan Speky.

It's raining again after a nice couple of days so like you Cranky, the grass will have to remain uncut.

Gave the kitchen a good clean and tidy yesterday, there's a pile of ironing to be done but not really in the mood, maybe later! Must go to the library but no shopping to be done - I haven't cooked all week so still have plenty of supplies.

Hope you all have a good weekend. Take care. XX
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Lainey Ditch them and don't go. There is of course an opportunity to go and tell them all how disappointed you have been with their version of friendship. I think if it was me I would send a very cutting round robin email to them all and stay home.
    One thing I have learned very starkly over the last few months is who are my real friends and am not missing in any way the ones that showed true colours. :cool:
    HH Blimey you are the queen of high detail research :eek: hope you have chosen well
    Floss congratulations on the new job :j

Love a Saturday with nothing planned. I do need to wash the bedding in the spare and have a general wash and brush up in the house but in between I will be enjoying James Martin.....ahhhhh... and maybe a cookathon later.

Have a lovely weekend all
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all

I have a day to myself as DH has gone to train club. It's their open day.
    So there is a beef stew in the slow cooker, butternut squash and sweet potato soup in the fridge. I am not doing housework today and will please myself.

Elona have a lovely day out.
    Gers wine is my favourite delivery.

Keep dry everyone and have a good day.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Nelski 'enjoying James Martin' eh :):):) enjoy away honey :):)

Lainey I too would bin these fair weather friends as they are just not friends but at best acquaintances.Friends are there no matter what in the good and bad times .Save your cash honey as they are certainly not worth bothering about.

T/A I got myself a gardener about three years ago, and he arrives once a fortnight and keeps my garden mowed,weeded and tidy. I am not able to bend and do it as I used to and would rather be doing things I can manage, to me the £12.00 I pay him is worth its weight in gold ,he also does odd jobs for me during the winter like small repairs etc.

Life is for enjoying (see above re Nelski :)) and you have more than enough on your plate.

Mick (my gardener ) is a semi retired chap who took early redundancy and got bored sitting indoors as his wife still works and I was his first customer .Since starting up he has carved himself a good niche in the...errm older lady market :) and I recommended him to most of my friends .

Well DD has heard from her errant DD and she is having a little girl due in March.They have had a few conversations on the phone and have met up a few times .I am waiting yet to see how it goes as Katie is a bit of a drama queen, and can turn very quickly,but I'm pleased she is OK and her and her OH are settled in to their new house.I just don't want DD to get hurt again as when Katie flounced out 4 years ago she caused her Mum nothing but heartache,we shall see.

Soup making is on the agenda this morning plus I want to make some twinks and some shortbread.no shopping to do thank goodness and my mystery meal last night from the freezer turned out to be a piece of pork fillet coated in stuffing Tonight I have got chicken and veg :) my freezer is slowly going down ,but its a long slow process

Right time for a cuppa and get my apron on Have a good day chums what ever you are doing

Well done on the job Floss

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lainey, I agree with others, don't go. Friends are indeed there in bad times as well as good.

Windy and sunny here so washing on the line.

Off to local church for The Big Sing this afternoon. I'm in no way religious but do like a sing!
    Carolbee
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Very lethargic this morning, I had breakfast in bed for the first time for ages........have just managed into the shower and dressed.

Its a bit of a dull day, very grey sky, we have been forecast rain.

Its the harvest supper tonight, OH is going whether he likes it or not, he has been moaning about his headache this morning. I told him to go out into the garden for half an hour. We still have not heard from the hospital about an earlier appointment.

Its my eldest daughters 57th birthday today, my goodness time flies.....its her daughter who is getting married next weekend.

I did sleep ok last night, so a better night, woke just once, turned over and went back to sleep.

No supper to get tonight, need to sort out the meat for tomorrow, I have a shoulder of lamb in the freezer, think we will be having that.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Been up a while but been sitting and discussing plans for the kitchen with OH, he is just off to try and buy a circular saw that he has seen in Aldi and he absolutely 'must have' !

Later on we need to go and look at flooring and I want to pop into M & S food hall to get the dine in for 2, we are going to treat ourselves tonight.

I have a load of washing in the wm, its a bit gloomy here but will try to hang it out for a while, it turned very cold last night so we lit the fire which heated the whole of downstairs with free wood :T

We need to strip the rest of the wallpaper from dd's room and buy some paint to re paint it. There are also two new blinds to go up in the spare room.

Lainey I went through exactly the same with my 'best friend' when my dear dad was dying, we were so close for years, looked after each others children etc , I was made redundant from the job we both worked at, the same time of losing dad and I heard nothing from her at all for months and months, till I got a message from her asking if I wanted to meet for a drink, I messaged her back saying too little too late and I have not heard a word from her since ! It was just at the time I needed her most as well ! I would not go if I were you they sound like fair weather friends.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for all your kind comments and suggestions, part of me wants to meet up and vocalise my feelings but another part can't be bothered with all the drama and thinks it best to just not go. Spend the money on meeting up with my real friends :D
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »

Mick (my gardener ) is a semi retired chap who took early redundancy and got bored sitting indoors as his wife still works and I was his first customer .Since starting up he has carved himself a good niche in the...errm older lady market :) and I recommended him to most of my friends .

JackieO xx

I have one of them too :o:o cant say he's the best gardener available but in the summer gets very hot and becomes the diet coke man :rotfl:
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,761 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Thanks for all your kind comments and suggestions, part of me wants to meet up and vocalise my feelings but another part can't be bothered with all the drama and thinks it best to just not go. Spend the money on meeting up with my real friends :D

Don't bother, they probably won't "get" it. I stayed clear of combining alcohol and anyone who had (intentionally or unintentionally) upset me after the death of my husband for a very long time. That was also when I realised I could divide the list of people who I thought were friends into 2 parts....friends and people that I just knew. As I said before this lot are "people that you just know". Although you now know you can't rely on them for support it also frees you from having to support them. Think of something horse related to treat yourself to and spend the money on that instead :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure