Getting a mortgage and then becoming mortgage-free!

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 24 February 2017 at 8:08PM
    Not much to report today, had dinner at the in laws last night which was lovely and worked from home today so all food from cupboards- used up lots of leftovers :D

Fakeaway of a pizza express frozen pizza with oven chips for supper followed by the F&M truffles from the Christmas hamper. Had cafetière fresh coffee today as was working from home, again using fresh coffee from a Christmas pressie. It feels like a very luxurious day today!

A few onepoll surveys completed so that's racking up a little day by day, expenses claimed back and he leftover cheese from the work cheeseboard (had a supplier into my office so put on catering) has been grated and is in the freezer (nice chunk of Red Leicester and another of Stilton yummmmy!)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Sounds like you're doing well making the most of what you have in, and it does sound luxurious!
    Thank you - I'd completely forgotten I had OnePoll account. I'll go and check it!
    Mortgage: Mar 2018 -£300,000 / Jul 2021 -£255,000
    Student Loan: March 2011 -£18,275.04 / Jul 2021 -£10,425.28
    Joint Savings: Aim £13.5k. Dec 2016 £1,700 / Jul 2021 £36,600
    Loan to In-Laws: Sep 2010 -£48,185.82 / Apr 2019 £0
    Car Loan: Sep 2018 -£16,265 / Apr 2019 £0
    Credit Card 0%: Nov 2016 -£4,500 / Apr 2019 £0
  • Enjoy making your furniture this weekend. OPs are looking great even with all your new house expenses. I hope we manage as well when we move!
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    We now have family visiting tomorrow which is lovely but means the flat packs will stay, well, flat!

nice long walk at a local nature park (Bradgate Park) which was lovely with my bestie and the dog he is dog sitting. We covered just under 13km which was good for blowing away the cobwebs and my calf didn't play up at all :D

Massive headache this afternoon whilst tidying up, so painkillers dutifully taken and it's now shifted. Off to a friends for dinner tonight so taking a lemon drizzle cake over (bought from Mr T's) and some groceries bought for parents in law earlier today.

Yougov survey completed so that's also clocking up and I realised ive not updated on my savings recently which is now at £1370

This will reduce down in April as I'm paying my credit card into savings whilst it's on 0% but will be clearing it in full in April....can't wait!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Muscle750
    Muscle750 Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    I would certainly like to have a firm mortgage offer before i signed on the dotted line to buy a place
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    edited 26 February 2017 at 11:43AM
    Dinner with friends last night was lovely and the Tesco finest lemon drizzle cake (£2 on offer at the mo) was delicious. As they are ten minute walk we braved the rain saving on silly petrol usage.

Carried on some tidying and sorting this morning: used two storage boxes from IKEA to reorganise the spice/bottle cupboard and it certainly sparks joy. We threw out a few things we were just hoarding for no reason (onion salt dated 2013 etc) but I managed to drop the Sumac jar which smashed, typical its one of the frequently used ones!

Another Yougov last night completed- they seem to be like buses for me! 61p tidied across to the mortgage too.

We've finally decided on the home security system and are getting the Panasonic smart home set: we've been saving John Lewis vouchers so might pick it up today if the timings for lunch work, if not later in the week :D

Ordered some samples the blind for the small side window in the lounge as it's bugging me that it's still on show (we don't have anyone overlooking but someone could walk down the side of the house and look in)

We've also finally ordered the nest of tables for the front room going via EBay so pretty pleased that we're ticking things off slowly.

Now we are regularly using the Dyson, we've decided to give mum the nice bigger Hoover that she was coveting :) we kept it for a month or so just in case the Dyson didn't cover all needs but it does so mum will be happy.
    Will also pop out toaster on gumtree to see if anyone wants that :D
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    edited 27 February 2017 at 7:07PM
    Evening folks!
    Had a fairly productive day at work- had a seminar in the morning and welcomed my teammate back from maternity- met her in the canteen so I bought coffees to try and calm her nerves before the seminar. Can't imagine how tough it must be to go from full time mummy back into the world of work, hoping she felt okay and welcome.

It appears to be my night for surveys as had a pinecone one, 55p of onepoll ones and then an 80p prolific one :D so that should be £4.35 banked this evening whilst I worked out on the cross trainer!

Gf's auntie & uncle were over so her parents took us all out for a beautiful veggie buffet at an south Indian place on the Welford Road (Shivali's for anyone east modlands way!) it was £6.95 all you can eat buffet- I rather ashamedly stuffed myself silly with two masala dosas, two Puris, all the chilli and muttar paneer (muttar is pea and paneer in a creamy sauce) stirfried aubergines and dhal! It was beautiful and mum and dad treated us which was very very lovely :heartpuls

Took packed lunches today but the seminar included breakfast pastries and coffee then a packed lunch- so had a cheese mix sarnie, maltesers, crisps, apple and pop for lunch. That means we both have heck chicken sausages and wraps for supper instead so as not to waste it all!

Counted up some loose change too and paid £9 in at the post office so Once that shows on the online banking I will swoosh it over as an overpayment!

Three days of supplier meetings coming up so lunches should be included and dinner/drinks on Wednesday night too so I will have to get suited and booted for the meeting on Wednesday with the big wigs and then glammed up on Wednesday night for the do! :/

Am both excited and nervy about Wednesday but hoping it'll go well!
  • So excited that I can't sleep as I've had a commission from an old colleague for a bangle...now my Jewellery mini business has not been trading all last year (& declared with HMRC etc) but I decided I will start when the rooms sorted...this commission is for a Sterling silver handmade bangle with a charm- we ve agreed the price up front & ive ordered the charm tonight. I should make a (small) profit on it and it'll help build up my portfolio photos and get me trying different styles...very excited!

Best get that flatpacked chair set up pronto and get cracking on it! :heartpuls
  • Kittenkirst
    Forumite
    edited 28 February 2017 at 8:08AM
    Woke up this morning to an email via gumtree for a lady who wants the toaster! She's hopefully coming to collect tonight :D only £8 but it's no longer cluttering the counter & will make an £8 OP! Fingers crossed all goes well

Four pairs of shoes are out in our spare room ready for photo'g and listing this weekend too, must remember to check car boot sale dates also!
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The jewellery mini business sounds very exciting ,hope the bracelet goes well im sure it will ,i would love to be able to do that but sadly im very impractical .I am very interested in jewellery though and do have a huge collection of mainly old pieces,i try to stay away from the antique fairs now as they are too tempting.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback