IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ASDA parking fines

Comments

• fatboy88
    fatboy88 Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just got the 1st letter today, now waiting for the next 6
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    That's the spirit! Of course, if you return it to them with "Go away" (polite version) scrawled across it, in an unstamped envelope, they may think twice about tring to con you. Unless of course you are a sad person that gets so few letters that even a billet-doux from a parking company livens up your day?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • treeboa
    treeboa Posts: 84 Forumite
    i got three before it seems they have given up, end the day i dont care if i get 33, all will be treated with the same disdain, think about it, if more of us refused to even contact them its the pondlife that lose out, done enough they could go bankrupt
  • robertt_2
    robertt_2 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Right - got some good news about this!

If your ticket is for over staying 2 hours but under 3 then cite what they are doing in Wrexham where ALL tickets have been cancelled and the policy has changed to 3 hrs plus.

This occurred as of last night due to local pressure :)

EDIT: as a 'new' user (regged here first in 2006!) I cant post a link but check Wrexham .com story if people want to have proof.
  • FatAndy
    FatAndy Posts: 7,541 Forumite
    robertt wrote: »
    If your ticket is for over staying 2 hours but under 3 then cite what they are doing in Wrexham where ALL tickets have been cancelled and the policy has changed to 3 hrs plus.

They did the same in Llandudno, I think the limit was increased from 2 to 3 hours even before the cameras were installed. But ultimately that's all irrelevant, whether the limit is 3 hours or 3 years it's still a scam. All they're doing is cancelling some fake tickets that had no legal basis anyway.

Cheers Asda, in the meantime I'll continue to boycott your store in Llandudno until you stop scamming your customers and go to Tesco instead ;).
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 216 Forumite
    The Wrexham.com report is a good bit of journalism

http://www.wrexham.com/news/wrexhams-private-parking-ticket-furor-8427.html
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    We asked ASDA the same question, if the demands being sent are legal parking tickets or just speculative invoices and they told us “the car park management company issue a parking charge notice (PCN) which are not fines, but civil penalties.

He really ought to be Googling that before giving it to a newspaper as a statement.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,651 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    andy13 wrote: »
    The Wrexham.com report is a good bit of journalism

http://www.wrexham.com/news/wrexhams-private-parking-ticket-furor-8427.html

OMG...that is the very BEST newspaper article about fake PCNs that I have ever read!!

:eek:

Email that reporter and say well done - he must be an MSEer!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    OMG...that is the very BEST newspaper article about fake PCNs that I have ever read!!

:eek:

Email that reporter and say well done - he must be an MSEer!

At the bottom of the article it states "Written by Rob Taylor" so I think you can thank the poster robertt directly.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,651 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    robertt wrote: »
    Right - got some good news about this!

EDIT: as a 'new' user (regged here first in 2006!) I cant post a link but check Wrexham .com story if people want to have proof.

If you are indeed that journalist you could teach others a thing or two about these fake PCNs and how to investigate & report the matter properly and get things sorted!

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure