IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Comments

• Hi guys,

Thought I would give an update on the situation as I have a bit more news and the thread has been dorment for quite a while.

The court had requested full particulars of the case from Parking Eye / Pannone to be sent to me and to the court by 8/7/11. The date went past with nothing so after sending numerous correspondences to the court to try and get the case thrown out, I was met with one person after another telling me they had lost the case file / they had lost my email / they had gone off sick and did not know what had happened etc.

Yesterday I received (over a month late) the full particulars of the claim from Pannone which has also been sent to the court. I have been let down by people at the court but that is here nor there now.

I am still in regular contact with a member of the Pepipoo site and we are going to fight this all the way, but it looks like I could be the first person to be taken to court by Parking Eye and they seem to think they have a strong case.

I have reposted this from the thread in Pepipoo as I know there are people here who are interested.

Smithy
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Smithy hope you have got a good defence:)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Keep going smithy - seems to me that might struggle to take more than 1 person to court at a time lol - so as long as you going through process we can all relax.

__

you are just unlucky - I know people have ignored these and all is fine fact.. from way before Christmas last year.
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Don't worry folks. Had to go over to the court myself today :-)
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Well you obviously were not thrown in clink LOL.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Hopefully parking eye will be given the Sinbad treatment, as per the cyclops, and the case chucked out
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Presumably the imminent court case and the amount of other attention they are attracting would explain the use of their VNPR cameras AND ordinary CCTV dome cameras on PE's offices in Chorley. Perhaps there is a little paranoia at number 40? Odd though, because they share the car park with other companies and there are no DPA warning notices at the car park entrance.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • notts_phil
    notts_phil Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    All ok Alexis?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Time will tell, we have had a bit of a nightmare with the court but Alexis (life saver) has been down there, hopefully we can get somewhere.

I do feel rather unlucky bounderboy but just one of those things I guess. I made the decision to take it this far so if it goes to court then so be it. I think my case is pretty strong, not 100% sure why they think they can win this one and not the others.

Happy that everyone on here believes me now, helps when people are on side!

Smithy
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    No idea why they are trying at all to be honest. But then I've seen 3 or 4 cases with other companies where they haven't paid their fee, stopped responding to the court or didn't turn up on the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure