Sous Vide wand at Aldi for £49.99 from 19th October

For anyone considering sous vide cooking, Aldi will shortly have a sous vide wand available, with their standard 3 year warranty, for £49.99.

On sale from next Thursday.

A very good price - one of the lowest prices around in fact, if not the lowest.

Comments

• gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I've been using a cheap (<£10) external thermostat connected to a deep far fryer, but for £50 ...
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • Got one reduced to clear for £30 last week. But it is going back. The temperature control just doesn’t work. Waited for 2 hours for it to get up to temperature. A separate thermometer showed that it was at the correct temperature. The display showed 99.2 degrees all the time except for when it occasionally showed 2 random figures. I actually cooked some meat which was quite pleasant but could not rely on it.
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    We got one and it's worked fine so far across many days of SV cooking. Two year warranty so worth a punt.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • retiredlady
    retiredlady Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought one and am very pleased with it.
    When life hands you lemons, ask for tequilla and salt and give me a call!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure