The Top Easy Access Savings Discussion Area

Comments

• ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No problems with Icesave or B&B - sent them a cheque, no further docs required. Same with BM (who run the AA account), dunno if it may differ as it's a third-party account.
  • Good afternoon
    Can someone please advise
    All saving schemes appear to be linked to ones main bank account (lloyds)
    thus to move money from one scheme to another the money has first to go to that account.The problem then is that the bank will not allow a transfer of more than £10,000 per day without charging a fee
    Is there a way around this?
    George
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,355 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    marston wrote: »
    Good afternoon
    Can someone please advise
    All saving schemes appear to be linked to ones main bank account (lloyds)
    thus to move money from one scheme to another the money has first to go to that account.The problem then is that the bank will not allow a transfer of more than £10,000 per day without charging a fee
    Is there a way around this?
    Generally you can also transfer the funds via BACS yourself directly to a savings account from any third account - i.e. The 'direct debit' is only used optionally to pay money into the savings account - which is sometimes convenient as it saves lost days interest but also means you have to have money in your current account at whatever rate they pay for at least a day beforehand. Same day transfers will probably mean that direct debits get very little use anyway.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Hi, EdInvestor,

Opening an ICICI HiSAVE accountwas very smooth, if perhaps a bit slower than I thought they were going to be. They did the identity checks with (presumably) other banks instead of insisting on three pieces of paper being posted in to them. They sent pleasant letters on the way ,saying how things were progressing. It was much less hassle than it used to be.

Hi, Marston,
    Have you tried sending £10,000 then sending another 10,000, then…? I have a feeling that I once managed to do this with the Alliance and Leicester. If there is a phone option on the account you can probably transfer more, after running through endless security checks. When we bought our present house I'm sure that's how we transferred money to our solicitors.

(Interestingly, they then did the transfer a second time so enough to buy two houses wound up in the solicitor's bank account and, presumably, left a house-sized hole in ours. My solicitor told them about it and shot it back (minus the CHAPS fee) forthwith. I was mildly surprised that they didn't try to charge us for an unauthorized overdraft – but then, I'm cynical about banks)

• :confused: Following your posting of ICICI Bank as one of the highest paying banks I thought I would sign up. That was on Oct 21st. Recieved an email on the 25th saying they were dealing with application and I should hear from the in two working days. Nothing. I phoned on Nov 10th and spoke to a very surly bloke who said I would hear with-in 4 days. It is now 21st and still nothing. Have others had the same experience? Is it worth continuing?
  • Hi

New to this want to open an Icici account, started filling in the form and online it insisted I read the conditions etc. I did this and then lo and behold it timed me out Arrrhhh after doing all that form filling! So they dont give you time on line to read the small print.:rolleyes:
  • EdInvestor wrote: »
    Does anyone have any comments about the hassle factor in getting the account going and overall customer service?

Interested in ICICI,AA,Icesave,B&B,YBS

TIA for any reports.

I OPENED AN ICICI HI-SAVE ACCOUNT IN 2005.THERE WAS A LITTLE HASSLE OPENING THE ACCOUNT DUE TO OVERSUBSCRIPTION BUT THIS WAS SOON SORTED OUT AFTER AN E-MAIL TO THERE HEAD OFFICE.SINCE THEN I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL,CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EXCELLENT(APART FROM SOMETIMES A LITTLE HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY SAY ON THE PHONE)OVERALL OPINION 9/10
  • Have £310k to invest from house sale short term while we rent and look for a new home. Tempted by the ICICI but would I be daft/lazy to just bung the whole lot in? I take alot of note from MM and I know that he says seperate it, but on the other side says it is rare for a bank to go down.
    The best my bank can offer is a Treasury account for 5.75%, the rate can go up or down at the end of each month.
    Jazzy.
  • Abetorius wrote: »
    I am thinking about opening a Hi-Save account with ICICI but I do not currently have a cheque book nor do I really want to go through the hassle of applying and waiting for one as I'm unlikely to use it for anything except this one cheque.
    Is there another way to do this? would they accept (as an example) a cheque from my mother (who does still have a cheque book) instead?
    The website says that the cheque needs to be in my name but in this day and age why should I be forced into getting a cheque book.
    I hope someone has a solution for me.
    Hi, just a thought, how about asking your bank to write you a cheque made out to ICICI?
  • I opened an account with ICICI and their service is appalling. I tried to change details of my account with them via email and they said I had to call their call centre. So I called them and the person I spoke to had a terrible understanding of English and told me to email them - at the address that had said that I had to phone.

So I emailed again, several times, and just kept getting a standard 'scripted' reply back that didn't answer my question.

After about 10 emails I gave up and told them I wanted to close my account and wanted my money back.

That was 2 weeks ago and I've still not seen my money, or had a reply from them.

They may have a great interest rate, but in the experience I had with them, that's the only good thing about this company.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback