Esa f2f this morning should I take pop award ?

Comments

• Minimad the 9 o’clock appointment was a god send to me .

Like you I had worked myself right up but actully managed to get there only to be greated with a full waiting room of some really loud and boisterous young people - it was a hurrendous experience for someone who can’t cope being in busy social situations anyway without the stress of the medical on top !!

But like I said the 9 o’clock was a god send , went in at 9.05 and was out at 9.25 . There was one other person who entered after me .

Hoping for my report through the post today but could be next week what with Christmas post

Good luck on your assessment today . Take deep breaths and try and stay calm . Just be honest . The lady I had seemed very nice and understanding , kept calling me poppet trying to reassure me I think .

Good luck let me know how you get on
  • Thanks Daisy. It's over and done with now so I'll just have to wait for the results. I hope you're not waiting too much longer.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks Daisy. It's over and done with now so I'll just have to wait for the results. I hope you're not waiting too much longer.
    Good luck. Don't forget you can ring DWP middle of next week and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as mostly they go with that report. Decision times may take longer than usual now with Christmas being just around the corner too.
  • minimad1970
    minimad1970 Posts: 6,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Good luck. Don't forget you can ring DWP middle of next week and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as mostly they go with that report. Decision times may take longer than usual now with Christmas being just around the corner too.

Thanks poppy but I'm a bury my head in the sand kind of person :o. I also misinterpret and totally overthink things. Would it be obvious from the wording of the report the way the decision seemed to be going?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 December 2017 at 1:17AM
    Thanks poppy but I'm a bury my head in the sand kind of person :o. I also misinterpret and totally overthink things. Would it be obvious from the wording of the report the way the decision seemed to be going?
    Yes it would. Well obvious to some who will understand what they're talking about. While others maybe not so obvious. If you do chose to have a copy (and it will help having a copy if you need to take the MR route) and you don't understand it then just post and ask a question. Myself and a few others will know what it means, if you don't. Good luck.
  • Report arrived this morning .

Basically it lists what I reported at the top then she said “ she presented very poorly , shaking , with bizarre behaviour . She was distressed , spoke very little and very quietly . She had severe difficulty coping at interview .

Then the last paragraph says :

Overall the evidence suggests that severe functional disability due to initiating personal action may be likely

.... this last paragraph confuses me emensly ??

Is this a good report ? I thought it would say in there that wrag or support group would be appropriate but it doesn’t ?

Many thanks
  • Assessor was a registered nurse ??
  • It won't say wrag or support group it will say lcw and or LCWRA
  • Lcw means wrag and LCWRA means support group
  • Doesn’t say any of those anywhere on the letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts