Half a house

Comments

• Apparently the bank is checking they are still happy to lend us the money, so as long as that checks out I think we're on the home run! Still haven't packed, but I have been decluttering a little bit.
  • So we're due to exchange tomorrow morning apparently! Our solicitors have told us to "show them the money!" (These may or may not be their exact words :rotfl: but when dealing with such sums of money I need humour or I'd cry!)
    It's actually a bit less than I was anticipating, because the HA deduct the reservation fee from the first rent and other fees.
    We didn't quite get the first deadline, but it should all go through within a week of that initial benchmark, so not too bad really.
    I read that when/if we decide to sell our buyers will have the traditional 12 weeks to get everything done, so the 6 week deadline is just for the original buyers it seems.

By next week we're going to owe more money than we've ever owed before, which is a very scary thought!
  • Good luck! Fingers crossed everything goes to plan tomorrow
  • Hope it goes well. And at least a mortgage is an investment.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Thanks!! I keep refreshing my emails even though I know they don't start work until 9. Luckily I have to do the school run so I've got something to keep me occupied until then.
    I've printed off the in year application form for the eldest's school, I just need the letter confirming we have exchanged. I'm a bit worried about how we'll afford everything in the first weeks, but Mr Silence is getting paid at the end of the month, so it should only be tight for a week or two.
  • Good luck! It is truly terrifying when it happens, but it is a good step. Hopefully you'll be popping champagne by next week. :)
  • Thanks!
    Unfortunately there's been a delay in exchanging, so now we have to wait until next week, and no idea when we'll be completing. So close yet so far!
  • I don't know anyone who successfully exchanged first go. It just seems to be one of those things. Hopefully next week goes better!
  • Thanks! They say it shouldn't affect the completion date, but I'm not counting on it until we have the keys!
  • We tried going to the local independent carpet shop, but it was closed by the time we got there. Considering we're meant to get the keys on Friday, we're leaving it a bit late! (Although I wouldn't want to order it before we've actually got the keys, so maybe it's not a bad thing)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure