Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    ok so is that a good deal?
  • nickmack
    nickmack Posts: 4,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Currently on 50% all TV (Box Sets + Sports) and for Broadband I have £7.40 Line Rental and £10 UL 38Mb Fibre.

My deal expires next month, so I went through Live Chat, first Customer Services who offered:
    Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £20
    Sport HD £2
    and NO Discount on Line Rental/BB at all

He claimed he discounted everything on my TV package until I called him out that anyone can get Sky Sports for £20 if you sign for 18 months, so this was not a discount or deal on my account. I went through to Cancellations and they offered:
    Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £16/50
    Sport HD £2
    and still NO Discount on Line Rental/BB at all.

I can almost live with the TV discount, but as I don't use the phone at all £33.99/month for BB is not good value (Vodafone offered me £20 BB with £0 Line Rental for the same Fibre package), so I requested cancellation. I already have 30% when I log in, but I will follow up with any offers I get next.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    nickmack wrote: »
    Currently on 50% all TV (Box Sets + Sports) and for Broadband I have £7.40 Line Rental and £10 UL 38Mb Fibre.

My deal expires next month, so I went through Live Chat, first Customer Services who offered:
    Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £20
    Sport HD £2

He claimed he discounted everything on my TV package until I called him out that anyone can get Sky Sports for £20 if you sign for 18 months, so this was not a discount or deal on my account. I went through to Cancellations and they offered:
    Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £16/50
    Sport HD £2

I can almost live with the TV discount, but as I don't use the phone at all £33.99/month for BB is not good value (Vodafone offered me £20 BB with £0 Line Rental for the same Fibre package), so I requested cancellation. I already have 30% when I log in, but I will follow up with any offers I get next.

I was in a similar situation as you a few days ago.

For bband and phone, go to Plusnet. They are asking £31.99 per month for anytime calls, line rental and unlimited fibre bband. Best sky could offer was £38 per month with a £50 credit. So bye bye sky and off to Plusnet.

With regards tv, I am on 50% off until November. I am hoping that sky will soften their stance by then. I am sure that when they see their customer numbers reducing that their attitude will change.

HTHs.
  • nickmack
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I was in a similar situation as you a few days ago.

For bband and phone, go to Plusnet. They are asking £31.99 per month for anytime calls, line rental and unlimited fibre bband. Best sky could offer was £38 per month with a £50 credit. So bye bye sky and off to Plusnet.

With regards tv, I am on 50% off until November. I am hoping that sky will soften their stance by then. I am sure that when they see their customer numbers reducing that their attitude will change.

HTHs.

Thanks. I don't need the phone at all, so any money on line rental is 'dead money' for me. I calculate my BB 'cost' as LR+BB so Vodafone offer these both for £20/month. I could actually double my theoretical download speed to 76Mb for £24/month so I might go with that.

Also with TV, they are asking for £10 'admin fee'!! I asked them what this is and they had a canned reply which I forgot to copy, but it basically talked about fixing prices in advance. I told them there is no way I will pay any admin fee to give them my continued business.

I will wait for 50% off on TV through winback and unless they match Vodafone which seems unlikely, I will jump ship on LR+BB.
  • nickmack
    nickmack wrote: »

Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £20
    Sport HD £2

Box Sets £22.80
    Sky Sports £16/50
    Sport HD £2

Update. I got a missed call from 0800 759 0420, which appears to be Sky Outbound retentions. It sounds like they want to discuss a (hopefully!) improved offer. If I pick up next time, I'll update what was discussed.
  • Keith_F
    Keith_F Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just got Sky HD with box sets £22.80
    Sky sports complete pack £20
    Sky sports HD £2
    Sky Cinema £8.50

18 month contract.

Moved my broadband to Vodafone £20 inc line rental.
    :beer:
  • caveman8006
    caveman8006 Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 February 2018 at 7:49PM
    Keith_F wrote: »
    Just got Sky HD with box sets £22.80
    Sky sports complete pack £20
    Sky sports HD £2
    Sky Cinema £8.50

18 month contract.

Moved my broadband to Vodafone £20 inc line rental.
    :beer:

Last month they were happy to offer a full 50% off box sets (£38/2=£19) and sports (£27.5/2=£13.75) plus an extra £2 for Sports HD as long as you signed up for 18 months and paid a £10 admin fee. No need to cancel, just quote the widely distributed offer that was linked on sky web site. Surprised that this is still not available...?
  • nickmack
    Last month they were happy to offer a full 50% off box sets (£38/2=£19) and sports (£27.5/2=£13.75) plus an extra £2 for Sports HD as long as you signed up for 18 months and paid a £10 admin fee. No need to cancel, just quote the widely distributed offer that was linked on sky web site. Surprised that this is still not available...?

This is what I have now signed up for. 50% off everything for 12 months, NO Admin Fee.

They wouldn't budge on Phone/BB, so I have moved to Vodafone for £24 for 76Mb service including Line Rental.
  • nickmack wrote: »
    This is what I have now signed up for. 50% off everything for 12 months, NO Admin Fee.

They wouldn't budge on Phone/BB, so I have moved to Vodafone for £24 for 76Mb service including Line Rental.

I have moved from sky to Pliusnet. Is Vodafone fibre (assuming it is for 76MB) and does it include anytime calls ?
  • Gazza9999 wrote: »
    I have moved from sky to Pliusnet. Is Vodafone fibre (assuming it is for 76MB) and does it include anytime calls ?

Checked it myself. Calls cost £8 extra per month. Will stay with my move to Plusnet.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback