Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    • 29,727Posts
    • 45,338Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)
    • 24th Feb 10, 1:25 PM
    Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4) 24th Feb 10 at 1:25 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , and the third thread - Part 3 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones

Page 751
  • paddingtondoo
    Rusty - take care - you know where we are if you need us

CT - bust mine as well - I don't know if EK Success do anything that you want - I have the small retro flower one but not sure how it would get on with card as daren't try it - do you have a bug or anything? I've got these which are quite cute
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

• Myzdamena

Myz - sorry didn't mean to offend you - many others on here love it!
    Originally posted by Marg
    You didn't

...it's just i'm sick of seeing whinge whinge whinge, mostly on my facebook statuses... so when i want to post but not about all the crud I find something to jump up and down about instead

...and probably drive people mad being too 'happy'

I guess I need more of a happy medium hehe xxxxx
    A-well-a bird, bird, bird...b-bird's the word
  • Gemm85
    You didn't

...it's just i'm sick of seeing whinge whinge whinge, mostly on my facebook statuses... so when i want to post but not about all the crud I find something to jump up and down about instead

...and probably drive people mad being too 'happy'

I guess I need more of a happy medium hehe xxxxx
    Originally posted by Myzdamena
    lol, you certainly got me thinking...I havent even STARTED my christmas shopping yet
  • craftfairies
    Phew you lot have been busy!!

I have listed my last 41 dies tonight making that 137 for sale in total!!!

Scary think is i probably have enough to do another 5 or so listings this size!

Really dreading getting this lot to the post office!!!
  • Myzdamena
    lol, you certainly got me thinking...I havent even STARTED my christmas shopping yet
    We are struggling a bit financially at the minute... we applied for benefits after hubby was made redundant in August and they stiill haven't sorted it yet!!!??!!!

So I've been making naughty cross stitches to sell to people for Christmas so it's been on my mind for ages...

Plus I hardly ever stop thinking about Christmas really...not *only* because I'm a big kid ... but also because throughout the year we buy things so we don't get stuck near Christmas with no money or presents

..lol which this year was definitely A Good Thing as when he was made redundant we already had 1/3 of Christmas sorted lol ... well ok *I* had it sorted ....

People are getting some made things too for Christmas this year..and they'll like it or lump it! hehe

xxx
  • Myzdamena
    Phew you lot have been busy!!

I have listed my last 41 dies tonight making that 137 for sale in total!!!

Scary think is i probably have enough to do another 5 or so listings this size!

Really dreading getting this lot to the post office!!!
    Originally posted by craftfairies
    Was drooling over what you had there yesterday already
    • CT19720
    • By CT19720 29th Sep 10, 8:17 PM
    • 1,394 Posts
    • 15,299 Thanks
    CT19720
    Thanks Padster - you made me feel so much better about breaking mine, knowing that it isn't just me!

I'll have a look at EK punches. Just found one by Dovercraft on Ebay, that would do the job I think, but my OH says it is very similar to the woodware one, so i'd more than likely break that one too.

I'll keep looking.
    • CT19720
    • By CT19720 29th Sep 10, 8:26 PM
    • 1,394 Posts
    • 15,299 Thanks
    CT19720
    CT - One of the best (& cheapest) punches I got when I first started was from Tesco's crafty bit. It punches little flowers about 1.5cm wide similar to the one shown - I can punch some for you to see if the size will do? Or I have another (make unknown) that punches our at 2.5cm. The bigger one is nowhere near as good as Mr T's and when it broke I contacted the company & sent me a new one but it's still not brilliant. - It was called an asterix (sp?). HTH

Myz - sorry didn't mean to offend you - many others on here love it!

Rusty - Please don't go AWOL I'm sure we can help cheer you up & get you through the grim times ((Hugs))
    Originally posted by Marg
    Thanks Marg - I've got 3 big Tescos near me, and am off tomorrow so will go and have a look. 1.5cm in size is perfect, my problem is that the linen card is 'thickish' so I think any punch would struggle to be honest.

Can you just tell me whether the Tesco punch you have, has a leaver like the woodware one, or a button at the top that you push down to punch the flower.

Thanks for you help.

xx
  • paddingtondoo
    Thanks Padster - you made me feel so much better about breaking mine, knowing that it isn't just me!

I'll have a look at EK punches. Just found one by Dovercraft on Ebay, that would do the job I think, but my OH says it is very similar to the woodware one, so i'd more than likely break that one too.

I'll keep looking.
    Originally posted by CT19720
    I had a dovecraft small circle one and that didn't last as long as the woodware one but maybe thats just me only paid 99p for that one though.

marg I'm with you re xmas have only got a few bits this year and am normally sorted by end of October or at least know what I'm gonna get but have even less interest than usual this year.
    Yes I do know what my pressies are OH bought what I told him to
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

• lizalloareds
    • By lizalloareds 29th Sep 10, 8:41 PM
    • 1,807 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    lizalloareds
    Well done CT

Hugs Rusty
    • PepPop
    • By PepPop 29th Sep 10, 8:43 PM
    • 1,820 Posts
    • 18,641 Thanks
    PepPop
    CT Oh no I haven't got anything. It was a holiday weekend here and my mail is a bit irratic. I'll keep my fingers crossed that's it's still on its way to me.
    Brilliant sales on your cards, I'm not surprised they're selling well.

Thanks for that Myz, I think?!?! Please don't flounce - dance

Wifey have a great weekend in Eurodisney - could you sneak me in your case and drop me off in Paris please?????

Rusty Sending you HUGE HUGS sorry you feel the need to take time out but I look forward to you coming back.

I don't want to depress anyone but I was reading about spoonies on a blog, it's not sad just enlightening. I don't have any illnesses but I really made me realise what it must be like. If you want a read here's the link
  • Myzdamena
    LOL last time I tried dancing I was in bed for a week

Read the spoonies thing before, yes it's exactly like that ... but it isn't all bad as I feel sometimes whatever we 'have' slows us down so much that we can appreciate stuff we never would have before? Or maybe I'm too much a glass-half-full person which has nothing to do with any ilness at all hehe

I hope we all have plenty more spoons tomorrow than we had today

*hugs*

I can only hope that soon I have more spoons than I need for 'normal' day and can throw some at some of you

SPOON FIGHT!

xxxx
  • elysia2003
    CT - there's a similar punch to the woodware one here. I have this brand (with 5 petals and more rounded) but it's great and I've had it for ages. Mine has gone through 240gsm card like the site says, but any thicker than that no it won't!

Rusty - Thinking of you.

Myz - I'm like you, I try to see the best in everyone and everything. You have to sometimes.

PONR - I received my dispatch email from the place where I ordered the Tan Mat. Excellent service, I'll use them again!
    Last edited by elysia2003; 29-09-2010 at 9:17 PM.
    I M.S.E.

Mortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage!
    • CT19720
    • By CT19720 29th Sep 10, 9:34 PM
    • 1,394 Posts
    • 15,299 Thanks
    CT19720
    CT - there's a similar punch to the woodware one here. I have this brand (with 5 petals and more rounded) but it's great and I've had it for ages. Mine has gone through 240gsm card like the site says, but any thicker than that no it won't!

Rusty - Thinking of you.

Myz - I'm like you, I try to see the best in everyone and everything. You have to sometimes.

PONR - I received my dispatch email from the place where I ordered the Tan Mat. Excellent service, I'll use them again!
    Originally posted by elysia2003
    Elysia - thanks for that. I don't know the gsm for the linen card I use, as it comes in a box from the papermill, and doesn't tell you what the gsm is. Grrrrr. Think I'm going to just have to buy a different make one, and see how long I can make it last before it breaks.
    xx
  • melissa75
    Popkins - sorry to hear that you've been feeling bad again - good luck tomorrow at the hospital.

CT19720 - congrats on your card sales - I bet you were really chuffed - more money to buy crafting goodies with!!!

Rusty - I hope everything gets better soon for you.

Addams fab handbag card - love the monochrome theme!
    • savvy
    • By savvy 29th Sep 10, 11:19 PM
    • 29,727 Posts
    • 45,338 Thanks
    savvy
    Ha ha and you guys sailed on easily to 15K!!!

Here's your sparkly, pristine new thread here
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

261Posts Today

1,416Users online

Martin's Twitter