PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• tifosi
    tifosi Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    toadyfrog wrote: »
    I understand that baks should resolve all queries by the 31st August, but can you still make claims after this date??

Hi,

yes, you can still make claims
    -

Congratulations to all who have got their PPI back!

:T
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Jocee395 wrote: »
    Bless you Di, thank you so much for your quick reply!
    Am off to mail the CEO now!! Fed up of waiting each day for a letter!

Your very welcome, good luck.:A;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    I understand that baks should resolve all queries by the 31st August, but can you still make claims after this date??

Hi there

yes of course you can, you can make a reclaim anytime, the timescale of 31st is for the reclaims currently ongoing now.
    Good luck and ask for help from here if required.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • tifosi
    tifosi Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Its not ALL claims that have to be resolved by 31st August, its only those that were sent to the banks before and during the Judicial Review, that were put on hold by the banks because of the JR

Those received after the JR had been concluded, but before the 31st August have to be completed in 16 weeks

Those received after the 1st September but before have to be completed within 12 weeks

Then after 31st December, it returns to the normal 8 weeks

Just to confuse you further, this only applies (no matter what some other banks like to try and tell people) to those banks and building societies owned by the Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds and HBOS groups (those that were involved in the Judicial Review)

All other banks, credit card companies and loan companies have to stick to the normal 8 week processing time

See HERE
    -

Congratulations to all who have got their PPI back!

:T
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    k77mss wrote: »
    sorry to bump this can anyone help need to send letter today thanxs
    This was done a couple of pages ago, I put them on last night for you.:D
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MARKOS72 wrote: »
    Basically the reason they gave was I ticked the box back when I took out the credit card therefore I agreed to the PPi.I applied by post therefore I was never given any face-to-face advice etc.
    Markos, what were you're reasons for mis-sell of the ppi?
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • colemole
    Options
    Called MBNA today as the cut off date was today and iv'e had no letter and my claim has been UPHELD with a total of £2354.24 all it took was sending off for the t&c's and £1 and filling in the form and a little waiting............So pleased getting married next year so this will help towards the cost
    Now just waiting on Lloyds for my mum and dads ones i have been helping them with hope they get good news too
  • rambo65
    rambo65 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

Help - not done this before so here goes wrote to winthur re ppi which is on a £5000 morgage .

It states waiver premium but we cannot remember being advised of this at all we have another two morgage endowments with this company and they do not have it on and they say it is not ppi and we cannot claim.
  • Wendy_Wu
    Wendy_Wu Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    I have had my claim upheld:j:j, CC through Britannia, they have sent me a form for me to sign but not told me the amount, is this normal?

Thanks
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    katiebbb wrote: »
    Got fed up with waiting and was due a reply today so phoned MBNA who said cheque for £2,480 was authorised yesterday :rotfl:this was for old credit card going back to c2002 and then paid off a few years back. I completed online form and they asked no further questions - easy!

Submitted late June and had a couple of holding letters.

Spend hours on here picking up tips so a big thank you to all who contribute.

I have an o/s complaint on an MBNA loan but they are not taking any calls as they are trying to catch up.

Happy days

Well done katie :T:T you have gave me fresh hope...i submitted claim early july, had the normal ' we will reply in 7 days' then another letter stating they will be in touch by 12th sept. I emailed the case manager the other day who replied that he is 'waiting refund information so cant progress any further at present' - im really, really hoping this means its been upheld & i am getting my money back!! yipee!! Congratulations:jxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback