Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cm17
    • By Cm17 14th Nov 17, 12:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Cm17
    Vanquis interest charges reclaim
    • 14th Nov 17, 12:37 PM
    Vanquis interest charges reclaim 14th Nov 17 at 12:37 PM
    Hello there
    I’m looking for some advice please re reclaiming from vanquis for interest charges, cash interest, purchase interest. I wrote to them regarding the repayment option plan which they’ve said I was never on and and they’ve sent a list of my transactions. Approx £450 worth of transactions are listed but undisclosed in the description box so I’ve asked for details and approx £1600 worth of charges have been applied which I’ve asked them to explain also. Am I entitled to any of this back? Has anyone successfully reclaimed?
    Thanks, Clare
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Nov 17, 1:16 PM
    • 14,046 Posts
    • 14,738 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Nov 17, 1:16 PM
    • 14th Nov 17, 1:16 PM
    No, you're not entitled to interest or fees back.

Their repayment plan isn't considered PPI, so you're unlikely to be able to successfully complain about that.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 14th Nov 17, 1:18 PM
    • 89,517 Posts
    • 55,954 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 14th Nov 17, 1:18 PM
    • 14th Nov 17, 1:18 PM
    Am I entitled to any of this back?
    No. No entitlement exists.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Nov 17, 1:20 PM
    • 18,711 Posts
    • 9,970 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 14th Nov 17, 1:20 PM
    • 14th Nov 17, 1:20 PM
    I wrote to them regarding the repayment option plan which they’ve said I was never on
    Originally posted by Cm17
    Repayment Option Plan (ROP) is still being investigated by the FSA, but if you didn't have this there doesn't appear any justification for you to demand interest and charges be refunded to you.
    Indeed, even ROP is still in use-just suspended for new customers while the regulator conducts an investigation.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/cards/2017/08/vanquis-bank-investigated-over-credit-card-repayment-offer-
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,796Posts Today

7,311Users online

Martin's Twitter