Claiming PPI from American Express

I'm new to this series of forums and as there are so many threads to filter, my simple question is: Has anyone been successful in reclaiming PPI from American Express credit cards?
My apologies if this has been asked and answered many times before.

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have not heard of anyone,that does not mean there have not been any though.
    If you have reasons for mis sell and the card number,then put a complaint in.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance#step2
  • tifo
    tifo Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 February 2012 at 8:27PM
    amersall wrote: »
    I have not heard of anyone

Yes, I have some months ago. They were very efficient and quick, I got an offer within a week and the cheque came by special delivery! You can correspond by email as well.

They deducted 20% of the statutory interest as tax.
    Thank you for your recent e-mail received by this office on xx November 2011 regarding the American Express Repayment Protection Plan.

We have reviewed our previous response and offer along with the additional information you have supplied. To bring this matter to a speedy resolution, I would like to propose to increase our original offer by £xx.xx.

Therefore the offer will be as follows:

Refund of premiums paid: £xxx.xx
    Net Interest: £xx.xx
    Additional: £xx.xx
    TOTAL of refund: £xxx.xx

This offer of payment is made without any admission of liability on our part and is in full and final settlement of any claim relating to your client’s American Express Repayment Protection Plan against American Express Insurance Services Europe Limited and all other American Express group of companies.
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    :j:j Thats ace tifo :T:T:T
  • tifo
    amersall wrote: »
    Thats ace

Thanks. I posted that to show Amex do pay up and are quiet good to deal with.
  • I sent in a claim about my Amex card from the year 2000. I apparently only had the card for 6 months before entering into a debt management arrangement.

However as a gesture of goodwill they have offered to refund my PPI and interest as well. It is a very small amount less than £50 but I am impressed with them.

Good luck with yours.
  • tifo wrote: »
    Yes, I have some months ago. They were very efficient and quick, I got an offer within a week and the cheque came by special delivery! You can correspond by email as well.

Hi Gillbr- this is a really usefull post.
    Please can I ask what address you sent the email to?

And would you be willing to paste the email you sent to Amex?

Shamefully, I've only just noticed how much I've been paying each month :(

Hilly
  • dazzercx
    dazzercx Posts: 11 Forumite
    tifo wrote: »

Hi,

I am also looking to put in a claim against American Express. Which email address did you use?

Any info appreciated!

Thanks

D
  • tifo
    dazzercx wrote: »
    I am also looking to put in a claim against American Express. Which email address did you use?

Any info appreciated!

Thanks

D

You have to claim by letter but then they're happy to correspond by email once you have a name to put to it.
  • up-north-eng
    up-north-eng Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    tifo wrote: »

Hi, could i ask how long it took to get your cheque through? I accepted their "goodwill" gesture 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing since

thankyou :)
  • tifo
    Hi, could i ask how long it took to get your cheque through? I accepted their "goodwill" gesture 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing since

thankyou :)

It took a few days and they sent my cheque by special delivery.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure