Parking Dispute

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Me: Well I am putting signs up next week as to who can use them

Right.
    and if you persist in being inconsiderate to others for your own gain then I will take measure to stop it

What measures will you take?
  • AdrianC wrote: »
    Right.

This should be good :rotfl:
    Right.

Have not thought that far ahead yet as to be honest thought he might have some consideration for others but he does not. However there are various things we have discussed we can do which people may or may not agree with but if talking to him and then sticking signs up does not sort it, he is giving us no choice but to take further action
  • This should be good :rotfl:

Is there really a need to post pointless comments.

I am on here for advice and peoples experience, if you do not agree with the whole situation then that is fine but no need to keep posting pointless comments
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    However there are various things we have discussed we can do which people may or may not agree with but if talking to him and then sticking signs up does not sort it, he is giving us no choice but to take further action
    Let's assume you're planning on sticking to things that are legal, shall we?

So...
  • Billy_Bullocks
    Billy_Bullocks Posts: 524 Forumite
    edited 5 February 2017 at 9:03PM
    No you are not missing anything and funnily enough I have been washing my car today and the fella came round to get his car so I said to him

"You know these are visitor spots and for use by visitors to any of these properties with a permanent bay?".

He said: We do not park here that often

Me: Well you do as you are in there everyday I am Working From Home, every evening I come back from work and all the time at the weekend?

He said: Well it is not hurting anyone and if did not park there we would have to park down the street

Me: Okay so you are going to carry on using them then so you are not putting yourself out

He said: Yeah and not hurting anyone

Me: Okay well I have given you the chance to sort face to face

He said: What does that mean?

Me: Well I am putting signs up next week as to who can use them and if you persist in being inconsiderate to others for your own gain then I will take measure to stop it

He just said okay and walked off

So maybe could have said different things but apparent he does not care and knows he is doing wrong

I'd love it if he put a skip in your spot. :rotfl:
    Let's assume you're planning on sticking to things that are legal, shall we?

So...

Yes legal of course, I am not a saint but am not going to resort to illegal measures or sneaky measures as anything I do I will make sure he is fully aware of
  • I'd love it if he put a skip in your stop. :rotfl:

Something to bury him in so saves me having to dig a hole :rotfl:
  • Something to bury him in so saves me having to dig a hole :rotfl:

You're a keyboard warrior, you bottled it face to face.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    So maybe could have said different things but apparent he does not care and knows he is doing wrong

TBH the end result is exactly what I'd have expected from the way you handled that. Probably could have been resolved amicably but your attitude is one of quite clearly wanting to be as antagonistic as possible.

You will no doubt feel justified in putting up your signs but I do hope that you get written permission to do so before you do because I would hate for one of the other residents to take exception to them and demand you remove them. You may also want to consult planning to see if you have to have permission from the local authority to put up the signs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure