PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

THE Prepping thread - a new beginning :)

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I hate gadgets with a passion, the only one i actually like and use is the slowcooker. I am terrified of the Kenwood and make the RV use it, I hide in another room - the noise drives me insane. I feel really at home when I watch historians using a cauldron hanging over a wee fire lol - I could cope with that.
  • Not seen Buggalugs for a few days.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,658
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I know you know that she will turn up but she's a bad girl to make you fret like that!
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • maryb wrote: »
    I know you know that she will turn up but she's a bad girl to make you fret like that!

I don't fret.

I know she'll turn up when she's good and ready.

FYI She has turned up. It was about an hour after I posted.
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Little mare! She was waiting for you to click the Enter key. Cats!

Talking of which, if you go on the Facebook page of Bob Moher (Clean Comedian) you will find a post he did on 16th March entitled How to wash a Cat. Absolutely hilarious.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • I don't do Facebook.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'm glad she turned up Bob :)
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Anyone see this article in yesterday's Mail? The f***wits!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4325822/The-4-5BILLION-British-gold-sunk-Nazis.html
    In it, Paish points out that two passenger liners heading for the U.S. with substantial amounts of gold on board had recently been torpedoed. On the very same day each one had set sail, he notes, the Bank of England had announced sales of large quantities of ‘foreign gold coin’.
    It turned out that it was standard Bank of England practice to inform the financial markets of gold sales on the day that the gold was shipped out.
    Using this publicly available information, German intelligence could then see which ships of a certain size and class were leaving the UK that day and target them.

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,903
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I'm not sure what's worse - hiding gold under children, declaring the City of Benares counts as a war grave (& will therefore not be searched for sunken treasure), or the idea that actually, some day it will despite it's other, human, payload.

I'm not at all surprised the Bank published its shipping dates though - in those days, you just did. What with war & terrorism, they've learned better (hurrah) but that was a different time. To apply today's judgement would be to misunderstand them almost willfully.

Me, I reckon that sort of failure to get it today of then is date-ist privilege, and so when people go all dewy eyed over lads going to the front "ignorant", I get a bit riled as the Pathe footage shows them cheerfully getting on with it, but also saying "baa" like the lambs to the slaughter they *knew* themselves to be & yet still judged it the right thing to do. Courage of a kind we don't have the opportunity to see much these days - perhaps no wonder we don't understand them.
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,658
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Tell me no-one has money in the Co-op that isn't covered by the compensation scheme

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/03/18/officials-draw-rescue-plan-co-op-bank/
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure