Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Options

Comments

• Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Sounds like your having a sensible day, oooh hope the 0% card is made available to you, i gave up long ago trying for credit due to the outstanding balance so i take it on the chin and dont look at what the intrest is when ive made a payment as it makes me feel like im paying a void lol. Feeling really positive today and happy that we paid a loan off, normally i would not advocate paying loans off but because it was a low amount and would save me a good chunk monthly i decided it was worth it. i cant wait for the day when i can give the credit card companies the bird haha i wont be using them again...... xx sorry ninja im clogging your page up lol x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Clog away lovey.. I like hearing from you all! I'm just getting it purely to pay my bike insurance at once.. Wanna get rid of my current card and not use it again..
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    Ah i see makes sense if you can get the 0% card why should you pay interest when you do not have to :) x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 October 2012 at 7:09PM
    Options
    Well now that I have been to the bank - time for updates!!

They have told me that there is no point getting the new credit card when they can increase my overdraft to £1000 to accommodate what I am about to pay off and my bike insurance. This is great because apparently the interest is calculated if I do not cover the OD every month - my pay covers this so I have not been charged more than £1 altogether since I got the overdraft.. result.

I have arranged to pay off over the next 3 payday's "£350/£325/£325" having refused it over 4 months as I don't want any more to deal with in the New Year..

The larger loan I have is with the same bank as my current account - apparently I can transfer any extra funds on to it every month with no prior arrangement needed - didn't know that!

So we have lift off... things are working out but this year will still be hard! I lodged a whopping great £25 in my little cheques and a few pennies which, once cleared, will be sent straight to the CC bringing my balance to £814..leaving me with only £186 - this is where eBaying comes into play...

Then I hear about a friend who is going to go to Canada next year for a year just for "the experience" and wonder am I doing the right thing.. I am not compelled to pay these off loans any sooner - I just want to.. and there is no point saving, I feel, when I am losing interest in loans... both loans I have reduce in interest with the more I pay off which is good...

Am going to get onto a snowball calculator and see how much I would save. That might make me feel better - if I can then live in meagre proportions for that little bit longer ( as in a further 3 years after paying off loans ) I could save a LOT more - am I right here..??

Affirmation needed that I am pushing this properly and thinking "sensibly".. or maybe one of the hundreds of competitions I intend to enter will produce something MASSIVE....( I shan't hold my breath )..:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Happytogetdebtfree
    Options
    I sepnd too much time over looking my plans replanning and planning and because ive got the pay things off momentum i dont have a proper "budget" i mean i have a spreadsheet with everything i pay and whats left over but ive never budgeted for haircuts or dentists or whatever par say, and im wondering if i should, from january we will have a good excess per month so anything unsuspected can be covered just means alittle less to outstanding debts and i HATE once ive made a plan having to change it! BUT we know how it is on paper it looks great and agh yes we can live like that but probably in reality il be doing lots of tweaking... i too would like lots of money to fall out of the sky for me :) .... while im on the overthinking, we discuss children ? whats a realistic saving to have for kids well for the first year just so you know your ok ? i know we will never have enough as people say but how can we best plan for such things ( im not pregnant but would like to start trying dec/jan) also its thinking about do we start saving for a house deposits its all the what ifs and then i do the whole massive full circle and feel devastated that i stil;l have 39k to pay off granted 20k is secured and could be classed as mortgage but the point is lifes moving on and well ah i dont know its a friday night rant :O x
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Can I be truly nosey and ask where the £39k went to...do you have a mortgage etc... but yes I re-jig mine every few days to ensure I cover everything.. Still only have £115 to my name until the 31st...oops!!
  • braddy970
    braddy970 Posts: 271 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ninja x Read through your thread the other day and it inspired me to start my own journey x Managed to pay off over £500 so far this month and have started to write down my targets etc xx
    The 1% Challenge #76 - Debt 1 = £620 - 1% = £6.20 - 4.3%
    Debt 2 = £1600- 1% = £16 - 0%
    Debt 3 = £1012 - 1% = £10.12 0%

Pay all your debt by Xmas 2016 #130- £465.86/£7636.46 - 6.1 %
    Make £10 a day ~ Jan £182.49, Feb £373.65
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Braddy well done every little helps... glad your inspired though! Its fun when it gets going and you will end up ruthless with your pennies!! Welcome on board! But tell me how on earth are you making £20 a day??
  • fantastiyk
    Options
    Hi Kat,
    Just been reading, welcome home to Fermanagh!!

Have you opened all your make up yet?

A lady in Fermanagh sells mineral make up and she gives out free samples, the foundation and eyeshadows in a sample would last a few times, all you'd need really - they're in this weeks Fermanagh Her@ld for a business award.

Not sure if it would be anywhere near you though might be worth a try.

Hope you have a lovely time in Ireland. It's a beautiful day here today.
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    Hey there and welcome.. yes the sun is shining here although we have the fire going again as its so cold. Will be an NSD for sure today!!

Thanks for the heads up on the make-up ..always up for discovering new mineral make-up. I use https://www.lilylolo.co.uk in London as its so much cheaper that Bareminerals etc... but of course leaving it in London never helps..

Will check out this local girl - good to keep the residents in business! YEAH!!

Gonna have a wander around my Dads garden shortly and see what he has planned for the 1/2 acre we bought. He plans vegetables, herbs, a 30 foot greenhouse, and apple trees in order to fulfil his "pension plan" of being self sufficient....very MSE!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure